Shift Manager Job Description
As directed, Shift Managers supervise operation activities during non-service hours and assists exempt management in supervision during service hours. The position may supervise operational activities during non-peak services hours for limited times during bank runs, emergencies, etc.
Ø Trains, monitors and reinforces food safety procedures to Crew Members. Ensures all food safety procedures are executed according to Company policies and health/sanitation regulations; takes corrective actions as appropriate.
Ø Monitors tasks performed by Crew Members to ensure product Quality, Service and Cleanliness. Performs and monitors tasks in a manner to support total store “Service Excellence” and “Customer Courtesy”.
Ø Executes established cost control systems. Monitors labor usage against sales readings and takes corrective action where necessary. Monitors food and paper usage to minimize waste. Assists in accurately reporting results and controlling cash.
Ø Assists in ensuring that employee handbook and all policies and procedures are implemented and enforced. Assists in monitoring compliance with federal, state and local employment laws. Assists in resolution of employee complaints and issues.
Ø Assigns and monitors tasks and duties to Crew Members to maximize efficiency.
Ø As directed, assists in training and cross training in positional skills. Assists in training Crew Members on new products as requested.
Ø Maintains safe working conditions by following all safety, security and maintenance policies and procedures.
Ø Attends all meeting requested by General Manager, District Manager, or President.
Ø Assists in handling customer complaints and issues.
Ø Ensures that the store is ready to do business on a daily basis and is in compliance in with all Company guidelines and procedures.
Ø Assists in ensuring that operational, marketing and administrative changes are implemented and followed.
Ø Accurately performs daily, weekly and monthly administrative duties and reports as assigned.
Ø Assists in ensuring that preventive maintenance is preformed at appropriate intervals. Promptly reports maintenance problems and issues to General Manager or District Manager.
Ø Performs other projects that may be assigned or requested by District Manager or General Manager.
- Is at least 18 years of age or older.
- Possess a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Knowledge of Company policies/procedures or the ability & willingness to learn.
- The ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
- Must have the ability to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgement that is consistent with Company standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time without a break, and be able to travel to the bank, other restaurants, Corporate Office, etc…
- The ability to communicate and respond to co-worker, vendor, and customer inquiries in-person and over the phone.
- The ability to handle varying levels of stress.