Server - A la Carte, Banquet, Grill
- Ability to work holidays, nights and weekends.
- Ability and desire to withstand prolonged periods of standing, walking
- Position requires bending, reaching, twisting and lifting trays and linen (weighing a minimum of 30 lbs.)
- Ability and desire to maintain a positive and friendly demeanor at all times
- Must be self-motivated
Position Summary: Sets up necessary areas to assure effective service of functions. Serves tables, adhering to club standards. Cleans dining rooms and all effected areas related to service of functions. Continually seeks to enhance knowledge and skills related to service of membership.
Performs job tasks such as:
- Ensure polished tabletop prior to guest arrival. This requires silverware to be straight, plates, glassware, salt & pepper, and sugar caddy to polished and respective items to be full.
Side work completion:
- 100% of your assigned side work must be completed before and/or after your shift.
- Ensure guest greeting within 90 seconds of being seated
- Take member cocktail and menu orders: actively educate members & guests on menu, food preparation techniques, ingredients, and beverage selections
- Ensure timely service
- Check back with table after delivering any course – 2 bites or 2 minutes
- Maintain service etiquette. While at a table, this includes: all food served from the left and removed from the right; cocktails served and removed from the right; ladies are served first; napkins are folded and placed on table for guests away from table, flatware is replaced when necessary. While in guest view: all glasses carried on trays, bottles and bread baskets – carrying 3 or more requires use of tray, silverware carried in a napkin or on tray, all items carried above waist at all times.
- You are required to maintain a clean appearance for all of your assigned tables. As service progresses, all necessary items should be present and unnecessary items removed. This includes removal of: empty glasses, straws, picks, debris, unnecessary condiments and silverware. You are ultimately responsible for the appearance of your tables at all times
- Pours and refills wine, coffee, water and/or other beverages served with and after meal
- Must refrain from leaning, congregating, and partaking in inappropriate conversation
- You are required to maintain a clean appearance for your section and surrounding area. Your area includes all physical items that could be affected by service or guest use, for example: floors, banisters, tray jacks, and heat registers.
- During large events, ensures tables are promptly bussed and reset as soon as members leave. Work closely with bussers, housemen, hosts/hostesses and manager to insure prompt turn.
- Help fellow servers with their tables/duties as needed to insure tables are ready to meet guest expectations.
- Leave work area only when side-work has been checked out by your supervisor
- Any additional tasks as seen fit by supervisors or management
- Maintain / acquire expert level knowledge and skills to enter a guest chit into the Jonas computer system
- Beverages Knowledge: Must know producer name and grape varietals of all house and feature wines. Must have knowledge of cocktails, liquor and cordials.
- Must have expertise in food menu knowledge, i.e., ingredients, portion sizes, flavors.
- Must be knowledgeable about daily specials, soups, and salad of the day.
All candidates must show proof that they are eligible to work in the US, and pass all pre-employment drug screening and background checks.
Browse similar jobs (2)
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan 48080
Mount Clemens, Michigan 48043