Host/Hostess at Cannon Brewpub
- Open the doors as guests enter the restaurant, when possible.
- Verbally greet guests immediately upon entering the restaurant.
- Seat guests at tables in a friendly and timely manner.
- Complete wait sheets accurately.
- Complete table count sheets accurately.
- Answer the telephone.
- Meet guests needs by providing pertinent information about the restaurant, menu items, and surrounding area.
- Thank guests as they are leaving.
- Use specified techniques to satisfy unhappy guests.
- Open doors for guests as they exit the restaurant.
- Handle to-go orders on an as needed basis.
- Maintain guests' needs throughout their dining experience by assisting servers with pre-bussing procedures.
- Use sanitizing solution to wipe down tables, chairs, booths, table base to assist servers.
- Sweep floor area around table to assist servers as needed.
- Reset using designated silverware, napkins, and condiments to assist servers as needed.
- Stock all items on Front Desk Checklist
- As a member of the restaurants, Inc. team, and a host should know and follow policies and procedures and have strong interpersonal skills that would enable him/her to verbally communicate in a positive manner with co-workers, guests, and the general public.
- Able to see at a distance (20 feet), at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes, and utilize peripheral vision to avoid potential hazards.
- Able to hear in one or both ears so that verbal communication can be received, understood, and acted upon.
- Able to read, wrote, and perform addition/subtraction calculations.
- Able to control and utilize fingers to write.
- Able to bend, handle, carry, lift, reach, wipe, climb, stoop
- Able to walk and stand for up to 8 hours.
- The working schedule for this position will include a flexible schedule including days, evenings and weekends.
- Exposure to chemicals
- Physical requirements include standing (up to 100% of shift), walking, bending, stooping, hearing, speaking, and finger dexterity.
- The ability to communicate effectively in a loud environment.
- Ability to work a flexible eight-hour shift according to operational needs, including weekends and holidays