Front Office Agent
The Front Office Agent is responsible for checking guests into the hotel while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests, prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to take alternative courses of action quickly and effectively.
- Must be able to take the initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done in advance of necessity.
- Must work well in stressful situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to anticipate, prevent, identify and solve problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc from several sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be able to listen to, understand, clarify and resolve the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and date, and basic mathematical functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag while on duty.
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage a safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Monitor all VIP and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log daily.
- Operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Must be On Q certified.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all current rates, packages and promotions.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups, closed out and restricted dates.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report have been accurately done and filed.
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift
- checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for issued house bank.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent.
- Run room status reports in a timely manner and relay necessary information to affected departments and individuals.
- Monitor key control.
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue.
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in training and cross training new hires and current employees on a regular basis.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.