Primary Objective of Position:
Coordinates foodservice activities of restaurant. Estimates food and beverage costs and purchases supplies, equipment, and food and beverages. Oversees cleaning and maintenance of equipment and facilities. Ensures that all health and safety standards are adhered to. Directs hiring, assignments, motivation, evaluation, discipline, and termination of employees. Ensures all employees are properly trained and follow procedures. Investigates and resolves food and beverage quality and service complaints. Reviews financial transactions and monitors budgets to ensure efficient operation and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations. Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and ethical business practice.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ensures that Responsible Vendor policies and procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guest are followed.
- Ensures all food and beverages served meets Chili’s taste, temperature, and appearance standards as designated.
- Addresses, investigates, and resolves all complaints regarding food/beverage quality and/or service performance.
- Monitors the use of restaurant supplies and ensures minimal loss and/or waste.
- Supervises cleaning of restaurant and equipment as designated.
- Arranges for repair of restaurant equipment by contracting appropriate service personnel.
- Supervises and maintains positive communication with all employees through interaction with employees throughout the shift.
- Coordinates employee work schedules to meet daily business demands.
- Inspects food/beverage inventory in dry and walk-in storage, orders product according to anticipated daily business demands, receives products, stocks products, and records invoices.
- Documents any event which may occur during the business day in the Red Book.
- Informs employees of current promotions, business trends, safety issues, and any relevant information through the use of employee meetings and written communication which is posted in designated areas.
- Handles emergencies or unusual occurrences properly and reports to the Area Director.
- Reviews financial sales, costs, and other pertinent information by reading reports and office related memorandums.
- Monitors budget to ensure efficient operation of budget limitations as designated.
- Corrects any deviation from the budget.
- Estimates food and beverage costs.
- Approve voids, comps, time edits and prepares deposits for daily receipts from worked shift.
- Drives to the bank.
- Maintains and balances cash banks by making sure all financial transactions are correct and adequate currency is available for making change.
- Hires, trains, motivates, evaluates, disciplines, and terminates personnel.
- Ensures all employees are properly trained and follow procedures.
- Unlocks/locks restaurant’s main entrances/exits ensuring the restaurant is opened/closed in a secure manner.
- Ensures all safety policies and procedures are adhered to and employees are dressed in proper dress code, looking neat, clean and professional at all times.
- Ability to operate computer.
- Stands 100% of shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, shakes, stirs and wipes frequently.
- Lifts up to 40 lbs. several times per shift.
- Ability to exhibit a fast-paced mobility for the duration of the shift and work a minimum of 50-60 hours per week.
- Ability to work opens, mids, and closes and work Sunday through Saturday.
- Ability to clearly verbalize and respond to guest.
- Frequent immersion of hands in water.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
- Must use personal vehicle for company business and have automobile insurance that covers damage to your vehicle as well as damage to someone else’s vehicle or property.
- Must have a working telephone number.
- Must maintain ServSafe Food and ServSafe Alcohol certifications.
- Communicates ideas, contributions, trends, and occurrences to other Chili’s locations.
- Assists in any area needed to maintain a smooth flowing shift.
- Manages employee files and other company records in accordance with company policies and legislative regulations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform all positions in a Chili’s restaurant.
- Knowledge of all products served by Chili’s.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Demonstrated proficiency interacting with people through customer service, staff management, and team coordination.
If you need any accommodation from the Company to enable you to perform essential job functions, please let us know.
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old