Primary Objective of Position:
To ensure that each guest receives an unforgettable meal. Prepares dishes according to company recipes, ensures that all dishes are made to company specifications, using diverse methods of preparation.
- Comes to work promptly and regularly and is flexible in hours of employment.
- Prepares a variety food, with diverse methods of preparation and adheres to specific product prep and handling procedures and plate presentation.
- Works in a fast paced environment and accomplishes multiple tasks within established time frames.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper execution of recipe procedures while maintaining a high quality and consistent product.
- Maintains cleanliness throughout the kitchen.
- Keeps prepared food continuously flowing out of the kitchen.
- Communicates ticket times and potential problems with the QA, manager and servers as necessary.
- Completes assigned prep work to stock and set up stations as necessary.
- Breaks down, and cleans station or work area at end of shift.
- Ensures proper rotation of all products and stocks product to par.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum team member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Displays a favorable image of Chili’s Grill & Bar at all times.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Assists other team members when needed.
- Assists other kitchen team members with prep work and cleaning responsibilities.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Must be able to perform duties to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must produce items to recipe standards, to ensure guest satisfaction, while controlling food costs.
- Must adhere to all company food handling, safety and sanitation procedures at all times.
- Lifts and carries up to 70lbs, up to 20 times per shift; places these items on high shelves and in walk-in freezer.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Stands 100% of shift.
- Works frequently in damp, hot work environment.
- Works with an open flame.
- Uses sharp knives and utensils.
- May use slicers or other kitchen machinery.
- Able to hold items with hands (knives, pans) for extended periods of time, with up to 5 lbs of weight.
- Able to read a kitchen display monitor from 4 feet.
- Able to communicate with manager and team members to ensure guest satisfaction.
If you need any accommodation from the Company to enable you to perform essential job functions, please let us know.
Browse similar jobs (32)
Meridian, Mississippi 39301
Meridian, Mississippi 39301