An alternative to fast food, Zaxby’s offers fresh, prepared-at-order chicken fingers, wings, sandwiches and salads. Zaxby’s most popular items are its fresh, hand-breaded Chicken Fingerz and Jumbo Buffalo Wings, smothered in a choice of sauces with names like Wimpy, Tongue Torch, Nuclear and Insane. The menu also offers innovative Zappetizers — Tater Chips (home-style potato chips) and made-from-scratch Spicy Fried Mushrooms. Zaxby’s also features a variety of Party Platterz perfect for any family gathering or special occasion.
Zaxby’s also offers five salads, or Zalads: The House, The Blue, The Caesar, and The Chicken Salad Zalad. All of Zaxby’s Zalads offer more chicken, unique ingredients, such as French-fried onions, fresh veggies and juicy tomatoes and are larger than most salads offered elsewhere. Each is prepared with chicken, three kinds of lettuce, and shredded or crumbled cheese.
The quick casual restaurant, based in Athens, Ga.-based chain has boomed to more than 500 units in 13 Southeastern states (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia) and continues to grow.
To manage a Zaxby’s unit toward the attainment of agreed upon sales and profit goals, working within the framework of company values and policies Receives direction and reports to their District Manager Exercises direct supervision of 3-5 managers and 15-50 employees
- Increase sales by providing outstanding product and service write an effective work schedule each week
- Work lunch, dinner and weekends, monitoring quality of food and service Ensure restaurant is 100% staffed with quality Team Members
- Ensure full implementation of new employee orientation and training program Purchase food, beverages and supplies as needed and oversee their preparation
- Operate in accordance with established performance, profits and operating standards Supervise and motivate Team Members, Shift Managers and Assistant Managers
- Have a good working knowledge of all equipment, and assume responsibility for preventive maintenance of a unit Communicate openly and honestly with subordinates, superiors, and all others Continually help develop Assistant Managers in the operation of an Zaxby’s unit and prepare them for General Manager responsibility
- Provide leadership by engendering excitement, enthusiasm, a positive mental attitude and commitment toward company objectives
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent Experience: Minimum 1 year experience managing people in a restaurant environment
- Office environment; work with computer and office equipment Restaurant environment; work with advanced kitchen and front-of-house operational equipment; hazardous conditions