Basic Job Function:
The barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He/she is also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees and teas. The barista fulfills any other duties the store manager, assistant manager or shift supervisor assigns and represents Citarella in a professional manner.
- Maintains positive Company morale and professional attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Answers all customer questions regarding products and services.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Follows all Company drink recipes and procedures.
- Develops an understanding of coffee and tea regions and the various differences in flavor and blends.
- Continuous learning on the various types of coffee, tea products blends and roasts.
- Proficiently prepares blended and cold drink.
- Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
- Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- Maintains efficient, friendly service.
- Restocks shelves when necessary.
- Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, and takes out trash, etc.
- Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time in refrigerated work areas
- Lifting loads of up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
Browse similar jobs (34)
Hampton Bays, New York 11946