TO GO Short Order Cook
Basic Job Function:
Prepare foods as quickly as possible, specializing in cooking hot breakfasts items, grilled sandwiches, hamburgers, chicken and other dishes that take a few minutes to fix.
- Vast knowledge of food preparation and cooking methods
- Work independently
- Work well under high pressure situation
- Weighs and measures ingredients, properly using recipes in order to produce a quality product.
- Ability to follow oral instructions, working independently while preparing quality cooked product.
- Slice and cut vegetables
- Maintain clean and organized work station and surrounding areas
- Follow all guidelines and procedures as outlined in the health and safety policy manual
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in the correct uniform.
- In addition, other duties maybe required as directed by your manager.
- Required to stand during scheduled hours. Hours include weekends, evenings and holidays (minimum 40 hours per week, 8 – 12 hours per day
- 5 - 6 days per week.
- Kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting weights of usually 5 – 30 pounds. Working idly, especially during peak periods to ensure that the product is prepared properly and in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
Browse similar jobs (1)
Part-timeRiverhead, New York 11901