Gourmet Market Counter Associate
Citarella is seeking COUNTER ATTENDANTS to join our growing NYC store locations for full-time and part-time positions. Our Counter Attendants are responsible for working behind our various food counters (including prepared foods, cheese, deli, meat, seafood, etc.) and play an integral part in providing exceptional service to Citarella customers. Prior experience in the retail food industry is a plus!
Basic Job Function:
This individual will deliver exceptional customer service, display dishes & items for their department, monitor waste and be part of a cohesive team. Prior food knowledge a plus.
- Customer service expertise
- Team player
- Exceptional communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Serve and assist customers at the counter explaining the products, flavor, taste and preparation
- Maintain and stock product in displays
- Understand product dating and inventory control
- Maintain clean and organized work station and surrounding areas
- Follow all guidelines and procedures as outlined in the health and safety policy
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in the correct uniform.
- In addition, other duties maybe required as directed by your manager.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time
- Kneeling, stooping, using stairs, able to lift, carry, push and pull weights of up to 75 pounds. Working rapidly, especially during peak periods to ensure that all customers are being serviced properly and the department operations are being completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to read and write the English language, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
In return, we offer:
- Health Insurance (medical & dental)
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid time off
- 20% discount off Citarella products!