Primary Objective of Position:
To provide a warm, welcoming greeting to our guests, and to ensure that the guests’ dining experience is exceptional. To ensure that guests are seated in a timely manner, and to provide a sincere and heartfelt thank you to each guest as they leave.
- Maintain a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional image.
- Come to work promptly and regularly and is flexible in hours of employment.
- Opens the door for each guest, when possible.
- Smile and greet guests upon entering.
- Effectively and efficiently manages the wait list, as well as the call ahead list.
- Escorts guests as soon as possible to appropriate table.
- Runs food to tables.
- Notifies manager of any guest that is perceived to be unhappy.
- Bids farewell to guests leaving. Ensures everything was satisfactory and invites guests to return.
- Reviews the cleanliness and organization of the Host station: Ensures all menus are stocked and properly cleaned and maintained. Checks for restocking of necessary supplies. Brings all areas up to standard. Discusses problem areas with manager.
- Keeps foyer, host area, wait area and cocktail tables clean and free of clutter.
- Spot cleans the glass windows and doors.
- Inspects restrooms every fifteen minutes and maintains cleanliness standards.
- Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
- Answers telephone within 3 rings and transfers or answers questions accordingly.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action that may be taken.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Displays a favorable image of Chili’s Grill & Bar at all times.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum team member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Assists other team members as necessary.
- Assists in properly setting and aligning tables.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Guests are made to feel welcome at Chili’s Grill & Bar.
- Guests are greeted and assisted while waiting to be seated in a timely and courteous manner.
- Is dressed in accordance with dress code, looking neat, clean and professional at all times.
- Able to read menu items.
- Stands/walks during 100% of shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops and wipes frequently.
- Able to articulate clear greetings, requests for assistance and farewells to guests.
- Able to clearly verbalize guests needs to other team members.
- May be required to carry supplies (10-30 lbs.) in the absence of other team members or if business is unexpectedly busy.
- Able to calmly respond to angry guests and call to manager’s attention.
If you need any accommodation from the Company to enable you to perform essential job functions, please let us know.