Server Assistants | Join Our Freighters Team
Are you looking to develop your customer service experience while making extra money this summer season?
As the busy tourist season approaches, we have several openings for friendly and energetic Server Assistants to lend a helping hand to our restaurant teams and ensure guest areas are cleared, cleaned and returned to a presentable state for our next dining patrons.
Job Title: Server Assistant
Reports to: Dining Room Manager
Location: Port Huron, Michigan
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent experience and any mixology courses a plus
Experience: This is an entry-level position and we are willing to train candidates with a great attitude
Growth Potential: Starting as a Server Assistant is a great entry-level position to work toward a Server and and/or Bartender
Compensation: Hourly pay, flexible shift schedules, meal discounts and fast-paced work environment in a beautiful restaurant overlooking the Blue Water Bridge!
- After guests have paid and left their tables, prepare guest eating area to be used again by removing used glassware, dishware, silverware, and any items that do not need to remain at the table.
- Clear and sanitize the table, chairs/booth, and sweep the area around the table to remove any debris.
- Take all items removed from the table to the dishwashing station. Place dining glasses in the glass washing rack, stack all additional dishware on the washing table, and place silverware in the silverware washing pan. Take all bar glassware to the bar washing station.
- Notify the Host station when new tables are clean and available.
- Conduct secondary deep cleaning work of the seating area, carpet, light fixtures, windows, and other areas as identified by the on-site Manager.
- Maintain the clean dishes to be used for new tables and guests.
- Replace sanitizer water in the sanitizer buckets at the indicated times.
- Assist the dishwasher when necessary with cleaning and organizing dishes?
This role will require some physical demand including standing, walking, bending, and lifting/carrying up to 25lbs. Working in the front of house, cleaning guest areas, interacting with customers and primarily making trips to the back of house to occasioanlly work at dishwashing station.
HOW TO APPLY: Click on the APPLY NOW button and be sure to attach your experience or resume. Please introduce yourself in the cover letter box by telling us why you want this role with us!