POSITION TITLE: SHIFT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: MANAGEMENT
The Shift Manager supervises the operations of a shift to ensure that food safety, product preparation, cleanliness and inventory control standards are maintained. This may include scheduling and supervising staff. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all tasks and responsibilities of a Senior Sandwich Artist® as outlined in Senior Sandwich Artist® job description.
- Trains newer or less experienced Sandwich Artists® in their tasks and responsibilities.
- Practices inventory control standards.
- Inspects equipment and storage facilities throughout a shift to ensure that equipment is in proper working order.
- Schedules and supervises staff as needed.
- Performs paperwork duties as needed.
- Completes University of SUBWAY® courses as directed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience & Skills: A minimum of 1 year experience in a restaurant environment, communication and organizational skills.
- Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old