Assistant Store Manager
Sonbyrne Sales, Inc. / Byrne Dairy is a third generation, family-owned company that has been in the dairy business since 1933. With a focus on homegrown quality, we started out bottling and delivering milk to New York families by horse-drawn wagons. In the late 70s, we expanded our product line to include our own line of ice cream. Today, families throughout the Northeast and all along the East Coast enjoy Byrne Dairy milk, ice cream and other products for their freshness and flavor.
In addition to producing an array of quality products, Byrne Dairy also operates 53 convenience stores throughout Upstate New York, the first of which opened in Central Square, NY in 1954. Most recently, we’ve focused on renovating our convenience stores and adding new locations such as our store in Fairmount, which opened in June of 2014.
Throughout the years, Byrne Dairy convenience stores have grown in size and product offerings. Many stores now include Pizza and Sub Shops, Ice Cream Shops and Gas Pumps. Byrne Dairy has created our very own sub shop called Byrnsie’s, offering fresh subs, salads, pizza, wings, hamburgers, hotdogs and more. Shelby's Donuts is another Byrne Dairy creation, with many stores now carrying fresh donuts and cookies, fresh from our own bakery, located in Syracuse!
No matter what capacity they serve, everyone at Sonbyrne Sales / Byrne Dairy is dedicated to customer service, honesty, learning and producing a quality product. If you have the experience we need you and would like to sell an old fashioned brand, we want to talk with you!
Assistant Store Manager
As an Assistant Store Manager, it will be up to you to create and build upon a positive and family-oriented culture. Ensuring that the store is kept clean, you will take a direct and active role in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of your assigned store.
Your specific duties will include:
- Ensuring customer loyalty by providing exceptional customer service, responding to customer’s questions and resolving their problems and needs in a friendly, accurate and timely manner
- Overseeing and recording delivery of merchandise, comparing records with merchandise ordered and reporting discrepancies in order to control costs
- Performing human resource management duties to include supervision and training
- Assigning employees to specific duties
- Monitoring and maintaining proper store cleanliness, appearance and maintenance as per company guidelines
- Protecting employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
As an Assistant Store Manager, you must be the type of motivated and positive individual who enjoys rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytic and prioritization skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer-service skills.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- High School diploma, Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years retail management experience
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Strong leadership abilities with proficiency in the coaching and development of employees