The Steak n Shake concept is proven, successful, and poised for remarkable growth - the kind of growth that can accelerate your career like nothing else. We currently have over 500 locations in 21 states and our plan is to grow nationwide - imagine what that kind of growth can mean to your career. If you're ready to make your mark, you're ready for Steak n Shake.
As a Host/Hostess, you will mainly be responsible for:
- Greeting guests, escorting guests to tables, and providing menus
- Maintaining adequate levels of dining room supplies for tables and serving stations
- Coordinating activities of dining room personnel to provide fast and courteous service to patrons
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to retain menu item information, meet basic math and reading requirements, have the ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds, uphold professional working relationships with other Associates and maintain composure while under stress.
People are drawn to careers at Steak n Shake because it’s a great place to work. They stay because it’s also a great place to grow, both personally and professionally. Whatever your talents and aspirations, there’s an opportunity at Steak n Shake to match.
If you're ready for a fun and challenging career, apply to Steak n Shake today!
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
We offer 24 hour flexibility in scheduling, “Day One” medical benefits, and great pay (up to $12 per hour or more for servers, including tips)—an excellent opportunity for a great job.
Team Members may receive the following benefits:
- Competitive Starting Pay
- Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Voluntary Sickness and Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Dental Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Meal Allowances
- Employee Service Awards