We have a full-time/part-time opening for a Assistant Manager.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
Our Managers and Assistant Managers are the ones making sure each and every Church's® restaurant performs at an ultra-high level. That means they have plenty responsibilities, like overseeing staff, maintaining inventory, and providing incredible customer service, just to name a few. Great managers are part team member, part team leader. They’re hardworking individuals with the ability to motivate, inspire and knock down any challenge.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: The Assistant Restaurant Manager works under the direction of the Restaurant General Manager. The Assistant Manager is responsible for: the hands-on day to day activities and operations of the restaurant, assisting in ensuring the successful implementation of Church’s initiatives and programs, assist in achieving or exceeding all established financial sales and profitability plan, all banking and administrative responsibilities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing. Hire hourly staff, assist in maintaining appropriate staffing, and assist in administering all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Assist in analyzing profit and loss statements, establish a sales plan for the unit, and maintain and record an accurate inventory.
- Assist in preparing weekly schedules for staffing.
- Assist with performance reviews on team members. Manage, train and develop staff. Write performance counseling and disciplines for team members.
- Understand, enforce and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining all company operation standards and compliances.
- Maintain a clean facility at all times, enforce appropriate dress and uniforms of all team members
- Deliver consistent, high quality products daily, and in every shift, and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Be responsible for other duties assigned to you by the RGM or Market Leader
- Must be able and may be required to perform all employees’ roles or jobs.
KNOWLEDGE OF, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Knowledge of profit and loss statements.
- Some knowledge of current training systems and POS systems
- Knowledge of preparing employee evaluations and employee disciplines.
- Knowledge of implementing policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of financial management.
- Some knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, and selecting hourly employees,
- Skilled in developing employees by coaching, counseling, and building strong work habits.
- Skilled in dealing with people and improving customer satisfaction
- Ability to plan and organize the activities of others
- Ability to supervise others
- Ability to communicate with others by using all available resources (e.g. telephones, written correspondence, face-to-face)
- Ability to manage conflict situation in an unbiased fashion.
- Ability to create and provide a positive workplace.
- Ability to move and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must have own vehicle (automobile or truck).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 48 hours per week.
- Must be available to work a flexible shift schedule including weekends.
- Must have a telephone or access to a telephone at all times.
- Must have at least a high school diploma/GED
- Must have 1 year of supervisory experience in the restaurant industry.
- Successfully complete all training and make a passing score on all applicable tests.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (minimum qualifications needed to perform the Essential Job Functions.):
- Lifting Requirement- Medium: Lifting and carrying 25 to 50 pounds occasionally, and 20 pounds or less frequently.
MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Continuously stand and walk on hard floors to/from the kitchen area, stock room, food preparation area and front lines to oversee team member activities for the duration of a full shift (8 hours)
- Occasionally lift and stack food and supply items from various heights to/from shelving, freezers, coolers, stock rooms, etc. Carry items to/from the service area; occasionally lift and carry trash bags out of trashcans and into outside dumpster.
- Occasionally climb a footstool or ladder to reach items located on stock shelves, in coolers, freezers, stock rooms, etc.
- Continuously communicate with customers, management, and team members.
- Continuously listen to the needs and comments from the managers, team members, and customers.
- Continuously see in order to be aware of surroundings and actions of the supervised staff, customers, and others in proximity of the restaurant.