We have a part-time opening for a Shelter Staff.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- No experience required.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Shelter Staff: New Horizons for New Hampshire provides emergency shelter for homeless men and women. The Shelter Security Staff intakes homeless individuals coming to the shelter and monitors shelter activities to provide a non-threatening safe and secure environment for all guests.
- Oversees the shelter during each scheduled shift and monitors clients for compliance with house rules and guidelines while maintaining respect for the dignity of all guests.
- Opens and closes the shelter and shelter activities according to procedures so that clients' needs are met and the shelter functions safely and effectively.
- Performs security checks each shift and reports maintenance needs/safety concerns to the Shelter Supervisor / Manager.
- Maintain records in both a written log and via computer, the successful applicant must have be computer literate.
- Performs all duties according to established policies and procedures of New Horizons.
- Speak loud and clear in a public setting.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management. The ideal candidate must be prompt and reliable, be a clear communicator, have an understanding of issues faced by homeless individuals and have an ability to calmly respond well in crisis situations. Shelter Staff must maintain high energy during times when the schedule is fast-paced and times when all is quiet. We are looking for people who are willing to work within the proven established system to provide clients with the safety, security and structure. Ability to say "NO" is a must. All staff must have a valid driver's license, a High School diploma or equivalent and pass a criminal background check. EOE.
- Currently New Horizons is looking for individuals in an on-call capacity to substitute when current staff is unavailable. Shifts are 4pm to midnight and midnight to 8am every day. The position starts at $13.00 per hour and is a per diem position. Attention to staff duties required. Studying allowed after all duties are completed.
Apply by mail or email resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Shelter Manager New Horizons for NH PO Box 691 Manchester, NH 03105 NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE