Chat- Technical Support Associate
Do you love technology? Are you a problem solver? Join our Chat Tech Support Team and help our Customer via live Chat! $11.00 per hour with up to $375.00 monthly bonus!
Provide technical support to client customers while working under direct supervision and following standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks. Assist external/internal users of the client’s technical products or services by answering questions and solving problems involved in their use. Typically supports hardware and software products. Support is primarily related to external clients. Limited knowledge of the organization; products; and/or services are required. Respond to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials; secondary sources; or more senior staff; if applicable.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- Provide basic technical support via live(chat) by following predefined processes which identify if the technical issue can be quickly fixed or needs to be researched by a higher level technical support representative.
- Troubleshoot mobile devices such as Smartphones
- Troubleshoot hardware and/or software issues.
- Assist external users of the client’s technical products or services by answering questions and solving problems involved in their use.
- Respond to basic and routine inquiries of a technical nature through case management.
- Handle problem resolution which may require follow-up and/or escalation to a higher level of expertise.
- Clarify customer requirements; probe for and confirm understanding of requirements or problem.
- Meet customer requirements through first contact resolution with superb customer satisfaction.
- Confirm customer understanding of the solution and provide additional customer education as needed.
- Prepare complete and accurate work and update customer file.
- Communicate effectively with individuals/teams in the program to ensure high quality and timely expedition of customer requests.
- Offer/sell protection plans to customers as appropriate
- Effectively transfer misdirected customer requests to an appropriate party.
- Contribute ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the customer and/or improve productivity.
- Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Develop broad and in-depth knowledge of client products and services.
- Attend training sessions on new products and/or updates as required
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 6 months previous customer service and/or technical support experience. Previous call center experience preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to pass a typing test (40 WPM minimum)
- Has reliable transportation to and from work.
- Process knowledge, assessment, design and documentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and navigate between multiple chat sessions.
- Experience troubleshooting common system problems
- Has experience troubleshooting technical problems with personal computers, peripheral equipment, software application, networks and other devices
- Passion for customer care.
- Quick Learner
- Deductive reasoning skills
- Highly skilled with typing and multi-tasking
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid analytical, technical, and project management skills
- Must have proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- User level knowledge of customer care
- Ability to navigate common user interface elements, including opening and closing windows, navigation of the file structures through volumes and folders, launch and quit applications, select portions of test or other items using the mouse.
- Ability to change system setting via control panels or system preferences.
- Ability to install and remove applications
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and work in a concise, clear and focused manner
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team
- Able to work a 24 hour, 7 day rotation schedule if required
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly and think conceptually
- Comfortable working in a fast-pace environment
- Availability to complete 8 consecutive weeks of paid training and transition according to assigned training schedule with no occurrences
- Strong work ethic (i.e., good attendance, team player, passionate about meeting performance expectations)
- Adapts well to constant change
- Very content with have scheduled break and lunch
- Ability to comprehend information quickly and educate customers with clear and concise delivery
- Convergys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer