Audio Visual Technician
- Identifies acoustical problem spots including reverb control, speaker placement, noise extermination, and room tuning
- Develops plan for problem corrections based on measurements, and uses AutoCad and other software applications to demonstrate scope of plan.
- Delivery of audio visual services to customers including setting-up, testing and operation of equipment in the 250 meeting rooms, classrooms, and labs at NCC
- Maintains daily work schedule throughout work day by monitoring adjustments to A/V equipment in customer meeting rooms
- Properly transports equipment from meeting rooms to dedicated storage locations with respect to time constraints and inventory control
- Maintains accurate record of usage of equipment by customers and conveys that information into daily invoicing system
- Delivers invoices to designated Media Support Personnel for posting and distribution to front office and to conference planning managers for record keeping
- Provide assistance to conferees in the operation of equipment, and as needed, to be able to juggle multiple tasks at one time.
- Follows NCC and policies and procedures and safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
Maintains professional appearance at all times.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
The National is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled
National Conference Center