Human Resource Benefits Coordinator
We have a full-time Contract 6 month + position for a Human Resource Benefits Coordinator.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 3 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
This position serves as the first point of contact for HR inquiries, interacts with Benefits, HR Business Partners, Payroll, and other HR Functional areas, and reports to the People Center Manager. . Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide excellent customer service through effective research, investigation and response to associate HR inquiries including benefits, payroll, address changes, employment verifications, and HR policies/procedures. Document details of issue description and resolution in HR Issues Database. Escalate more complex issues to appropriate level. Maintain communication with customer regarding progress on their issue.
- Review and process all benefit changes into benefits system. Maintain various systems used for tracking benefit enrollments.
- Generate correspondence related to benefit administration.
- Assist with the annual open enrollment process and benefits changes, including advising associates on benefits changes, new enrollees, life events/dependent changes, etc.
- Enter and maintain accurate associate data into systems. Ensure effective record management.
- Participate in annual internal and external HR audit process, and support compliance with employment and benefit laws and regulations.
- Maintain current process documentation and work instructions, in addition to providing Peer Review as needed. Strive for continuous improvement.
- Participate in staff and project meetings, and attend seminars as needed.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Exceptional customer focus with outstanding follow through and response.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, including ability to communicate with associates at all levels of staff
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to exercise sound judgment for responding to and investigating a wide variety of customer inquiries.
- Demonstrated organizational and multi-tasking skills for timely completion of HR and benefit-related transactions while also responding to customer inquiries.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot HR, payroll and benefit inquiries by using multiple systems and documents.
- Solid math skills for administering, calculating and processing education assistance reimbursements and benefit payments.
- Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy with Microsoft Word, including general correspondence and mail merges.
- Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy with Microsoft Excel, including sorting, filtering, formulas, and charts.
- Excellent data entry skills displaying strong attention to detail, striving for the highest level of accuracy.
- Familiarity with various systems, including report generation.
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits and associate issues to effectively handle sensitive information.
- Team Orientation.
- Working knowledge of specific Benefit/HR programs and/or systems.
- Solid understanding of payroll processing activities.
- Experience with SAP/Lotus Notes.
- Familiarity with ERISA, COBRA, and HIPAA and other various HR laws