Arena Guest Supervisor (Part Time) - Madison Square Garden
The MSG Arena Guest Services Supervisor will be accountable for providing an exceptional guest experience throughout the customer seating area of the MSG Arena by leading and directing front line colleagues (Ushers & Ticket Takers). The role will focus on partnering within Venues, and across functions, to get work done through others in a fast paced, and dynamic environment. Success in this role is demonstrated by an exceptional guest experience, a commitment to continuous learning and development, and achievement of business results. This is a part time position with 70 hours guaranteed per month. The MSG Arena Event Floor Supervisor will report into the MSG Arena Event Manager.
- Accountable for daily supervision and leadership of front line Usher & Ticket Takers employee group.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and operate with high energy throughout the entire shift
- Function as a role model to front line colleagues by demonstrating a positive attitude, and achievement of company objectives and goals
- Ability to work collaboratively with Security and other departments in an emergency situation.
- Assess, evaluate and coach front line colleagues
- Provide consistent, fair and timely feedback to colleagues through various methods (i.e., coaching, mentoring, one on one)
- Manage the content and delivery of pre-shift meetings
- Ensures that front line colleagues are engaged, upbeat, and delivers an exceptional guest experiences
- Highly responsive to emergencies in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Takes ownership of supervisory locations and maintains a clean, safe and aesthetically pleasing working environment.
- Addresses customer concerns, feedback and suggestions in a timely and efficient matter while offering recovery solutions when necessary.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ Supervisory experience, and/or knowledge of events, sports, theatre operations, within an entertainment venue
- Candidates who have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
- Experience supervising union staff preferred
- Excellent communication skills, ability to mobilize key stakeholders, and engage with all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated experience completing reports and documenting staff performance is essential
- Ability to engage and develop collaborative relationships and influence within team and across functions, even without direct reporting relationship
- Adept at maintaining a positive, open, approachable, and professional relationship with a diverse group
- Comfortable with managing conflict and responding to customer problems with a sense of urgency
- Ability to demonstrate success in managing multiple tasks while under tight deadlines
- Experience motivating, and encouraging exceptional performance
- Ability to hold team accountable for outcomes and monitor performance
- Demonstrated experience coaching, mentoring and developing staff to perform at high levels
- Ability to navigate internal organization/process
- Proactive self-starter and able to work collaboratively
- Must be willing to travel to other locations as needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, have split days off, work weekends and holidays in a 24 X 7 environment
- Minimum Age
- 15+ years old