Are you an early-bird looking to making extra money in the morning with the rest of the day to pursue other opportunities!
Breakfast Servers | Join Our Freighters Team
Freighters Eatery & Taproom is a culinary destination situated on the St. Clair River in Port Huron overlooking the beautiful Blue Water Bridge with stunning views at sunset and by night. Whether you are a guest or a team member, the Freighters team will make you feel right at home in our inviting atmosphere featuring a cozy fireplace lounge for those chilly nights and outdoor patio seating during warm summer season.
Job Title: Breakfast Server
Reports to: Dining Room Manager
Location: Port Huron, Michigan
Hours: 7 hour shifts from 5AM or 6AM up until lunch time
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent experience and any mixology courses desirable
Experience: Customer service or Host experience. 1-2 years as a Server in a high volume casual dining restaurant preferred
Growth Potential: Starting as a Server is a great entry-level position to work toward a Dining Room Supervisor and Manager
Compensation: Hourly pay plus ability to make unlimited tips, flexible shift schedules, meal discounts and a great work environment with an awesome Management team!
- Set up and break down of breakfast buffet bar, as well as a carte service
- Greeting guests at their tables with a positive friendly attitude and ensure every individual is made to feel like a valued guest.
- Asking guests, within the first two minutes of seating, for their drink and appetizer orders.
- Engaging with guests to make menu item suggestions, upsell additional items, and take their orders within 5 minutes of receiving their drinks and appetizers.
- Entering orders into the POS quickly and accurately so the kitchen can begin preparing the meals in the manner the guest requested to avoid food waste.
- Delivering food to guests as soon as their entire order is available and checking the order is to their satisfaction.
- Regularly checking in with guests throughout their meal to ensure they are enjoying their experience and addressing any additional orders/needs.
- Educating and upselling guests on dessert options and making suggestions on what to order.
- Working with Managers to resolve any guest issues when necessary.
- Sell gift certificates or to-go items to guests.
- Provide guests with their bill and offer to-go boxes as needed.
- Process payments in a prompt and timely manner, ensuring payment is made in full.
This role will require some physical demand including standing, walking, bending, and lifting/carrying up to 10-25lbs. Working in the front of house interacting with customers and primarily making trips to the back of house for order pickup and assistance with stocking.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click on the APPLY NOW button and be sure to include your experience or resume. Please also introduce yourself in the cover letter box by telling us why you want this role with us!