This position turns prepped ingredients into finished dishes for service to guests.
- Line cooks will need to be able to read, comprehend and consistently execute established recipes.
- They must also listen to, and comprehend, kitchen supervisor instructions.
- Cooks should be familiar with all common cooking terms such as blanch, sauté, reduce and sear as well as able to measure or weigh ingredients when appropriate.
- Sanitation and Safety Procedures must be followed at all times to protect against contaminants. Proper portioning, plating and garnishing of guest plates are important for guest satisfaction.
- Proper use of ingredients, cooking methods, adherence to established recipes, quantities and presentations is essential for consistency and guest expectations.
- Working stations must be kept clean at all times during shift.
- Cooks must be aware of public scrutiny at all times and behave in a manner consistent with our expectations, including wearing full uniforms and communicating at desirable tone levels using appropriate language.
- Line cooks must be trained on all equipment before use and operate safely thereafter. Since line cooks also handle bulky, awkward or hot items, they must also follow established procedures outlined in the Illness and Injury Prevention guide.
RESPONSIBILITIES (POS COMPUTER SYSTEM)
POS Payroll Procedures
- Line cooks may be responsible for checking accuracy of delivered goods against invoices
- Proper storage and rotation to insure freshness - follow “First In, First Out” sequence of usage.
- Careful handling of perishable products and proper storage including placement on shelves or in coolers, labeling, dating and wrapping products.
- Line cooks will usually set and stock their own station. When stocking from the back kitchen, it is important to use the oldest product first, fill clean containers for new batches, use clean utensils to transfer from the larger container to the smaller, as well as fully emptying holding containers.
- It is also important to remove transfer utensils and carefully re-wrap product left in storage. When transferring items from one container to another, the proper tools, such as spatulas or tongs, must be used to minimize product that is left in containers going to the cleaning station.
RESPONSIBILITIES (ALL EMPLOYEES)
- All employees are expected to be part of the Total Service experience and look for ways to provide service to guests and as needed, to each other.
- Provide first-class guest service at all times.
- Adhere to all restaurant policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent guest service skills, energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Ability to multi task, grace under pressure, the ability to establish a positive rapport with many types of personalities and self-direct task order.
- Position requires ability to comprehend written and spoken direction.
- Detail orientated with knowledge of common ingredients, cooking procedures and safety and sanitation.
- The ability to use all senses to assist in preparations and seasonings to ensure taste consistency is important.
- Position requires a team player, and an ability to work well with others in Front and Back of the House positions.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
- Dish machine
- Mop buckets and brooms
- Food slicers
- Knives & can openers
- Mixers and processors
- Stoves, ovens, grills, fryers, cheese melters,
- Sauté pans and pizza peels
- POS time reporting procedures.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Occasional bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
Note: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at the Restaurant and is not a legally binding contract. Clean Plate reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
An Equal Opportunity Employer