ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A Maintenance Technician performs light maintenance, preventative maintenance and housekeeping work as well as assisting with House Laundry functions and cleaning of Public Spaces. As an organization, we strive to hire qualified candidates who operate in agreement with our company core principles.
Maintenance Duties, these duties include but are not limited to:
- Shampooing Carpet
- Light Electrical Work (Changing an outlet or wall switch)
- Light Plumbing (Plunging, Snaking, unclogging sinks, faucet repair, etc.)
- Removes, cleans, replaces and maintains unit air conditioners (PTACs), televisions, telephones and similar equipment.
- Ensures fire safety equipment (fire alarm system, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, etc.) are operational and that inspections are current, and forwards inspection reports to General Manager.
- Maintaining Preventive Maintenance Program and schedule
- Laundry Duties to include, washing, drying, and folding of company linen and terry as well as general cleaning/maintenance of House and Commercial Laundry facilities.
- Housekeeping to include performing the Move-Out PREP and CLEAN processes after guests leave the property, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for implementing the CLEAN & SAFE programs as directed by the General Manager. In the event there is a staff shortage, the Maintenance Technician will perform the STAY-Over CLEAN process.
- Must comply with OSHA, BBP and all Safety and Security Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Basic maintenance knowledge: plumbing, electrical, mechanical systems, painting, carpet shampooing, janitorial/cleaning, etc. Prior maintenance and housekeeping experience in an extended stay hotel environment is preferred. Hotel Management Services seeks individuals with a team work attitude assisting in other areas as needed to get the job done.
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Climb stairs, climb ladder.
The Maintenance technician position compensation will be set by the Area Manager, and Senior VP of Operations.