Assistant Store Leader
We have a full-time opening for a Assistant Store Leader.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
Argo Tea is quickly becoming a household name, with over 35 locations across the US and internationally, since opening our first cafe in 2003. Recognized in a New York Times feature article as a "distinctive brand that has captured the palate of young professionals," our offerings include all natural tea-based signature drinks and a line of ready-to-drink bottled beverages that can also be found in our cafés as well as in the finest grocery retailers across the country. Founded and headquartered in Chicago, IL, we have cafés in Chicago, New York, and many other cities. We have retail partners across the globe, and our products are available for distribution, foodservice, retail, and hospitality companies in the U.S. and internationally.
We are passionate about bringing teas directly from growers around the world and blending them into unique and delicious signature beverages and teas. We are committed to being a sustainable business by working with the best local and global tea, coffee, and food artisans and by contributing back to our communities to promote a healthy lifestyle and the conservation of natural resources. We are dedicated to delivering consistent quality and a genuine customer experience "one customer and one cup at a time" and to providing the "Argo experience" through our innovative approach of rediscovering the diversity and tradition of teas. We promote diversity by empowering our employees and leveraging our customers' feedback, which together results in the best products, people, and business.
Position Summary: The Assistant Store Leader is a leadership role that partners with the Store Leader to achieve business objectives for the store. The ASL is dedicated to learning how to successfully operate a café through a focus on people, sales and profits and is a on a path to the Store Leader position. The central focus of the ASL role is to take a leadership role in People and Sales results. Argo ASLs exhibit leadership skills that are essential to inspire the café TEAm to consistently provide a positive and friendly Argo Experience to all customers and fellow TeaMembers. ResponsibiliTeas are categorized into four key areas of management – being a great Operator, Leader, Merchant, and Entrepreneur.
·Demonstrates the ability to observe and manage the café workflow, effectively delegate tasks and support the TEAm on every shift to expedite and enhance the Argo experience for our customers
·Has a focus on safety and sanitation throughout the cafe and addresses problem areas with a sense of urgency
·Enforces and follows Argo Tea’s cash control policies and ensures the TEAm follows the cash handling policy
·Conducts weekly inventory counts and bi-weekly receiving of orders. Accurately enters them into the inventory management system
- Utilize management information tools, analyze financial reports to identify and address trends/issues in store performance, constantly review store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportuniTeas for improvement
- Own your store. Follow Argo Tea’s facilities guidelines, while working with your TEAm to maintain store excellence and ensure a clean, safe and comfortable environment
- Assist Store Leader and District Manager in conducting systematic performance and quality control evaluations (tests, audits, etc) to ensure that every TeaMembers consistently meets Argo Tea standards on product knowledge, quality and consistency
- Work with Store Leader on setting the store’s staffing levels by utilizing succession and labor planning tools, coordinate and maintain staffing levels according to the labor budget, follow sampling and labor deployment model
- Enforce and follow the company’s system of guidelines, policies, processes and procedures to achieve operational excellence in the store
- Manage the TEAm of Team Leaders by delegating certain operational responsibilities, communicating their roles and expectations, coaching on building and managing their teams, etc
- Maintain awareness, follow and enforce the loss prevention, security and safety guidelines
·Ensures a positive work environment for all TeaMembers by soliciting feedback, listening to input, demonstrating commitment, and providing consistent communication
·Leverages the power to “make it right” in order to ensure that every customer leaves happy
Support Store Leader by Coaching and enforcing excellence among the TEAm; role model genuine and creative selling skills, merchandising and signature service
·Motivate your TEAm to understand and support Argo Tea’s passion and vision of SustainabiliTea
·Develop, train and promote creative up-selling and cross-selling skills, always role model Signature Service
·Always be available to your TEAm, create an open-door and fun culture
- Identify and develop future Argo leaders from within your TEAm, create and execute individual-specific action plans aimed to increase TeaMembers’ performance
- Offer continuous coaching, conduct timely performance evaluations
- Set the high standards! Model behavior wanted from others, demonstrating commitment and promoting the culture, values and passion of Argo Tea
- Promote and support the TEAm spirit across the company, not just your store
·Works diligently to always “get to yes” in dealing with customer interactions by solving problems and using creative solutions to unusual requests or issues
·Models and ensures genuine and creative Signature Service, up-selling, and cross-selling skills throughout all areas of the café
·Shows attention to detail in ensuring the product displays are clean, organized, and stocked during their shift on every shift
·Ensures a high impact experience by enforcing Argo’s standards of in-store pulse sampling, as well as outside sampling initiatives
·Is passionate about what they do! Embraces and supports our values, culture and dedication to SustainabiliTea, CreativiTea, QualiTea, CommuniTea, DiversiTea, and ChariTea and maintaining a healthy lifestyle
·Is responsible for setting sales goals for the shift, including asking questions to gain an understanding what has been done before they arrived and what they need to do to drive shift goals
·Is an Argo Ambassador and participates in CommuniTea marketing programs to consistently highlight Argo as a strong brand in the neighborhood
Be sales and opportuniTeas-driven! Utilize the company’s marketing guidelines to increase the store’s traffic, create quarterly business development calendar and implement local area marketing programs to establish the store as a community participant, understand customer needs and the needs of the local community
Keep current on all product information, communications, promotions and the status of the merchandise; communicate all pertinent information to the TEAm
NOTE: This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an employee in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
• High school or GED (Bachelor's Degree preferred) • Foodservice or retail management experience • Knowledge of the retail environment, ability to manage the workflow in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and delegate • Ability to supervise and motivate others while acting as a role model, knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures • Financial and general business acumen • Strong customer service experience, knowledge of customer service techniques and high quality consciousness • Effective communication, problem solving, planning, organizational & creative skills; desire to contribute with innovative ideas • Open availability, ability to work a 50 hour workweek • Ability to take direction and constructive criticism. • Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information • Support for Argo Tea's passion