We have a part-time opening for a Server.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Ready to join our Buffalo Wild Wings team?
- Previous restaurant experience is preferred but training is provided for determined, hardworking individuals.
- Must be committed to guest service, have a sense of urgency, good attitude and of course reliable transportation.
JOB PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is to create a unique and personal experience for Buffalo Wild Wings Guests by effectively presenting food and beverage options in an informative, friendly, and enthusiastic manner. This role will focus their attention on Guests in the restaurant area of the restaurant.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide warm welcome to Guests upon arrival and engage Guests through conversation
- Effectively present food and beverage options in an informative, friendly, and enthusiastic manner
- Read table to provide unique, personalized experience to Guests through personal connections and genuine interactions with the ability to remain professional Practice safe food and bag handling and cleanliness at all times
- Inform Guests of specials and/or promotions, answer questions pertaining to the food and beverage menus, and be prepared to make suggestions when asked
- Enter orders into Point of Sale system for transmittal to kitchen staff and in proper sequence and appropriate charges
- Check Guest identification to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Serve food and/or beverages to appropriate Guests to ensure an exceptional dining experience
- Check with Guests to ensure they are enjoying their meals and take corrective action to ensure Guest satisfaction
- Address Guest concerns-inform Managers as needed
- Correctly enter all orders and requests into Point of Sale system for accurate inventory and communication with Heart of House
- Apply expert knowledge of specs to make recommendations for all menu items
- Follow steps of service and other company standards
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to the kitchen for cleaning
- Collect and accurately process Guest payments by handling money, making necessary changes, and processing credit card transactions
- Bus tables and ensure marketing materials and menus are positioned appropriately
- Perform shift change and/or opening or closing duties
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Superior customer service and hospitality skills
- Knowledgeable of proper sanitation, food safety, and security procedures
- Knowledge of BWW food and beverage menu and ability to make suggestions to Guests and up-sell
- Knowledgeable of current marketing initiatives and up-coming events to inform Guests
- Excellent verbal communication and interaction skills in order to serve BWW Guests and ability to create a personalized experience
- Skill in time management and organization with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and execute team and company objectives
- Basic mathematical skills and the ability to handle money accurately
- Basic knowledge of Point of Sale systems
- Conflict management skills, analytical skills, and high degree of emotional intelligence in order to recognize and solve guest problems
- Knowledge of RAS (responsible alcohol service) procedures as defined by both federal and state laws, and also BWW policies and guidelines
- Conflict management skills, analytical skills, and high degree of emotional intelligence in order to recognize and solve problems that come with the position
- Strong knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in restaurant environment
Freedom to Act:
- Comply with all specs, quality standards, and department rules and procedures
Size and Complexity:
- Ability to follow specific service time and guidelines whiles at the same time engaging Guests and customizing their experience
- Ability to maintain high degree of pace and intensity for an extended period of time
- Must be reliable and dependable by adhering to schedule, covering shifts as necessary, and being on time for scheduled shifts
- WOW out Team Members by providing the same respect, positive encouragement, and fair treatment within the organization that we expect Team Members to share externally with every Guest
- Maintain positive working relationships with all Team Members and managers Work as a contributing member of a team
- WOW our Guests every day by achieving the highest level of satisfaction with an extraordinary focus on friendly services, food, fun, and value
- Explain menu items and terms and provide suggestions to Guests when asked
- Minimum 19 years of age (21 to serve in bar area)
- Certifications to serve alcohol as dictated by the State and BWW policy
- Prior experience working as a server or in a customer service roles, ideally in a high volume full service restaurant
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. If asked to perform task outside of physical capabilities, be sure to notify your manager. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Browse similar jobs (184)
Greenwood, Indiana 46143
Greenwood, Indiana 46143