To optimize profits by building sales and controlling cost of sales, labor and production as well as
develop restaurant managers and team members. The General Manager will be responsible for
growing the business through increased sales and profitability. To increase guest satisfaction and
manage all operational issues ensuring Pieology Pizzeria standards of quality and service are met.
They hold all team members and managers accountable to company policies, procedures, mission
& beliefs and operating principles. The General Manager is ultimately the person responsible for
the sales building, cost control and people development within their restaurant.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Models and encourages Pieology values and has a deep appreciation and joy of working with people.
- Consistently provides a quality product and guest service experience that delivers total guest satisfaction via high energy, and sets an example of guest engagement by building lasting relationships.
- Is of high integrity and treats all employees with honesty, respect, and dignity.
- Establishes an environment of trust to ensure honest, open and direct communication; and provides a communication process that works up, down, and across the organization.
- Is performance oriented and driven; clearly communicates performance expectations, measures performance results, recognizes and rewards good performance and is intolerant of poor performance.
- Manages all areas of operations, marketing and human resources while ensuring Pieology Pizzeria standards of quality and service. Builds sales and control costs on every shift.
- Manages shifts which include daily decision making, staff support, guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness. Manages staffing throughout shift including deciding when employees can check out for the day. Provides employees with positive and negative feedback and takes appropriate action. Adheres to all Company standards, procedures and policies.
- Provides direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Ensures food and beverage quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food and beverage products. Performs line checks as necessary.
- Prepares for new menu item implementations. Trains employees on new menu item implementations. Ensures recipe adherence and timeliness of product delivery to guests.
- Ensures that all meal breaks are provided when required.
- Ensures sales forecasting and schedules reflect desired productivity and match daily labor controls.
- Interviews all hourly team members. Ensures ongoing development of staff. Implements manpower plan for effective staffing.
- Prepares qualified team members for promotion to the next position. Continually develops adequate numbers of Shift Leaders, NRO Training positions and Assistant Managers to meet the objectives of the business plan.
- Trains, coaches and provides regular performance feedback (positive and corrective) to motivate and improve the performance of all employees.
- Evaluates each employee’s performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations. Holds employees accountable for performance. Ensures that proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Prepares daily food production and par as necessary. Orders food and liquor items as required.
- Identifies operational opportunities; creates and implements plans to address opportunities (i.e. R&M, marketing, staffing, retention, and training). Creates and executes plan for department sales, profit and people development.
- Approves all food or beverage comps or promos.
- Ensures safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Completes accident reports promptly in the event a guest or employee is injured.
- Ensures that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
Knowledge and Skill Required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent. 4 year college degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Manager working in a full service restaurant, fast casual or fast food restaurant.
- Excellent verbal and people development skills
- Basic knowledge of computers and software.
- Financial/analytical aptitude including planning, budgeting, scheduling and P & L management.
- Ability to get results through others.
- Organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Proven Team building skills/track record.
- Problem solving skills.
- Investigative skills.
Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in
daily restaurant activities. Must be able to draw on operations experience and knowledge of
Pieology procedures to recommend appropriate solutions to all guest, food and beverage
situations. Judgment demonstrated must never compromise Pieology standards, repeat business
or integrity of the brand.
Managers must be available to work a variety of shifts and a minimum of 48 hours per week
Position requires extensive interaction with the public and all levels of employees both within and
outside of the organization. Mangers must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license
and proof of insurance.
Ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work long
hours. Vision abilities to include: distance, close, color, depth, peripheral as well as the ability to
adjust focus. Ability to operate a computer and other productivity tools such as: calculator, copy
machine and computer printer, cash register. Must be able to work around heat and work in close
Language, math and reasoning skills
Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to other employees and managers. Ability to read
and/or follow written and verbal instructions and implement the same. Ability to add, subtract,
multiply and divide. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
furnished in written or oral form. Ability to perform office computer functions (Microsoft Office
Product; Windows, Excel, Word, etc) on a daily basis. Ability to understand policies and
procedures and to implement and enforce the same.
If you need any accommodation from the Company to enable you to perform essential job
functions, please notify us.
I have reviewed this job description and am able to perform the essential functions of the job
under the described conditions.
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Browse similar jobs
- Clerical Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Business Development Jobs
- Cashier Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Finance Jobs
- High Energy Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Multitasking Jobs
- Outgoing Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Quality Assurance Jobs
- Restaurant Operations Jobs
- Fast Food Jobs
- Fast Casual Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Pizza Jobs
- Food Service Jobs