We have a part-time opening for a Registered Nurse.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must be a License Registered Nurse
- Must have 3 or more years experience.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Valid Driver’s License
Job Description POSITION PURPOSE : The Registered Nurse shall furnish services in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and shall be utilized in accordance with basic principles of the professional nurse. All functions shall be performed in accordance with the established policies and in accordance with state and federal regulations. The Registered Nurse reports directly to the Director.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Responsible for the supervision of the Certified Nursing Assistants and Personal Care Sitters.
- Responsible for the initial in-home evaluation of the client.
- Initiate the Plan of Care
- Assure that the client and family understand the home Plan of Care and their responsibilities.
- Make necessary revisions to the Plan of Care as needed
- Conduct orientation and training in accordance with the agency guidelines.
- Maintain a safe environment for clients.
- Compliance with the state regulations affecting home care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current health and home care practices.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the management team.
- Demonstrate dependability.
- Participating in the quality assurance reviews and evaluations of the services provided to the clients.
- Conduct in-home supervisory visits in accordance with agency guidelines and/or state licensure regulations.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL ABILITIES REQUIRED :
- Nursing degree from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Currently registered/licensed
- At least three years of nursing experience
- Previous nursing/managerial experience in private duty home care
- Demonstrate the ability to make appropriate nursing judgments
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and diplomatically orally and in writing.
- Ability to remain flexible, resilient, and calm. Present a well -groomed professional image.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, delegate and accurately follow through in work activities with time constraints and interruptions to meet deadlines, as well as, work independently with a minimum amount of direction and/or supervision.
- Ability to manage and coordinate the care of clients with the caregiver and maintain a pleasant and cohesive working relationship.
- Ability to generate goodwill for the organization and its management among staff, clients, and referral sources. Demonstrate a strong commitment to client service excellence.
- Possess and maintain good physical and mental health, including current TB testing.
- Possess and maintain a clean background record
- U.S. Citizen or evidence of valid Alien Work Permit.
PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS :
- Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, stretching, stooping, walking, climbing stairs and moving intermittently during working hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be able to properly operate office equipment.
- Must be able to maintain verbal and written communication with co-workers, leadership team, supervisors, clients, family members, vendors and all business associates within or outside the agency.