We have a part-time opening for a Security Officer.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Title: Community Base Roving Patrol Officer
Reports to: Lead Officer and Operations Manager
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
A S88 Community Based Officer (CBS) is an officer that provides Patrol Duties in a Signal 88 Security vehicle. This vehicle is fully equipped with graphics, A GPS mapping device, a mobile phone and a light bar and go light. The Vehicle Patrol Duty is a demanding and high priority position. The officers working should be thorough efficient and highly trained. The officers must maintain the schedule and also address any security needs as they arise.
* The officer will patrol through the entire property
o This includes parking lots and rear of the property at a speed of approximately 5-10mph.
o Vehicle windows down.
o Radio down to hear outside noise or parties.
o Light Bar lights flashing front and rear with the side lights on to help see damage.
o Go-Light on and in use shining throughout the property at suspicious locations.
o Eyes looking at various locations where there may be potential for crime.
o Hazard Lights flashing throughout patrol.
o Officer should be attentive and off of the phone and any other distractions.
* Suspicious Activity:
o The officer will be looking for any suspicious activity to include:
o Unauthorized vehicles.
o Cars that have been broken into.
o People trespassing or loitering.
o Trash out of place.
o Store Lighting out or broken.
o Other items that are not normal to the property.
o Door Check: At the time where all employees have left the officer is expected to check every door of every store to ensure that the last employee locked up and has set all necessary alarms.
o Lighting, Trash and Security Assessments: It is expected of officers during the patrols to provide the customer if applicable; lighting, trash and security assessments. These consist of notifying the customers via reports of all necessary lights that are out, trash that is not disposed of properly and any potential areas that there could be a breach of security (no fence, hole in fence, overgrown trees or bushes to hide in etc.).
o Reporting: During every tour of the property it is imperative that the officer report information in detail of all that they saw during the patrol. This is the means by which the customer has assurance that the property was patrolled on any given period of time. Refer to the Operations Manual Activity reporting for details on how to write clear and accurate reports.
* 18 years of age or older
* High school diploma or GED
* Pass background investigation
* Pass drug test
* Good driving record
* Complete training modules within first month
* Excellent organization, oral, and written communication skills
* Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
* Ability to conform to established procedures and to help identify and solve problems
* Ability to get along with other employees, follow directions, work under stress, add value and continuously improve
* Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
* Must be able to move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds