Technical Support Professional
We have a part-time/full-time opening for a Technical Support Professional.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 1 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
Wage: $13.00 per hour to start
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
More information about this job:
Carbonite's founders have been committed to providing great service to our customers since the Company was founded. That commitment continues to this day. Carbonite invests more money in customer service than any of our competitors and we believe that our Customer Support team is a primary competitive advantage of our Company. We value our customers so much we moved our support center from India back to the United States (Lewiston, Maine).
So how do we insure our customers have a great experience when they need help and reach out to Customer Service? First and foremost-Happy Tech Support Professionals create happy customers. We strive to equip our team members with the best tools and training, great benefits and a positive work environment.
As a Technical Support Professional, you will be helping our customers solve both non-technical and technical problems, and become familiar with our products and services while increasing their confidence in our brand. You will also help drive sales by ensuring that customers are backing up all of their important data with Carbonite and that they are on the right plan. You will be responsible for responding to incoming support requests via email, chat and telephone. When possible, we try to promote from within, so there are plenty of opportunities to grow.
- You enjoy learning about new technologies and are usually one of the first to try new gadgets
- You truly enjoy interacting with people
- You are experienced with and willing to engage in sales techniques
- You like being a person that has the expertise to help others solve specific problems
- It makes you happy to make other people happy
- You are a self-learner, able to solve problems and prioritize customer needs
- You're organized and have strong attention to details
- You get energized when you get to keep multiple balls in the air-diagnosing problems, toggling between software programs and bringing problems to resolution quickly
- You won't be satisfied until you are an expert on our product line
- You will affect change to recover dissatisfied customers and positively transform their experience
- Responsible for responding to incoming customer support requests via email, chat and telephone.
- Provide technical and non-technical support to customers regarding their Carbonite subscriptions.
- Responsible for adhering to all scheduled shifts, and maintaining excellent attendance.
- Will also have the opportunity to assist with marketing and sales activities.
- Experience in a role that interacts directly and frequently with customers. Experience as a customer service rep is desired but not required
- Technical aptitude and interest in computer technologies and software applications
- Ability to identify and offer sales opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional phone demeanor required
- Must be able to type at least 25 words per minute accurately
- Should be willing and able to sit at a workstation for the majority of your 8 or 10 hour shift
- You must be able to communicate effectively by phone, email or chat
- High school diploma or GED/ HI SET required
- We're open 7 days a week, 8:30am to 9:30 pm. Schedules will include at least one day on the weekend - We expect all Tech Support Professionals to fully participate in these scheduling requirements
Did you hear?! Carbonite has made the list of Best Places to Work in Maine for the 2nd year in a row!
Carbonite (NASDAQ: CARB) is a leading provider of hybrid backup and recovery solutions for businesses. Carbonite offers a comprehensive suite of affordable services for data protection, recovery and anywhere, anytime access. More than 1.5 million customers, including 50,000 small businesses, trust Carbonite's secure, easy-to-use cloud backup solutions and award-winning U.S.-based customer support. For more information, please visit Carbonite.com.
Why Join Carbonite?
- Great starting pay - $13.00 hr, plus an annual raise, performance awards and a commitment to a promote-from-within framework that ensures good performers receive increased responsibility and compensation - It's a career, not just a job
- Be a part of the top Customer Service and Technical Support organization in the world. No seriously, the best in the world! - Winner of Gold - 2015 International Stevie Award for Customer Service Department of the Year. Overall, we've won 10 awards in the past year
- You will receive the same benefit package our software engineers and executives do in our Boston HQ - on day one of employment! Includes the best medical, dental, life, legal, vision and prescription insurance, 401k match, gym membership for the family, $5,250 in education reimbursement annually, 4 weeks of paid time off, tax free dependent care savings and health savings accounts, and much, much more!
- Our goal is to deliver the best possible working environment so our Customers receive support from the happiest employees in the world. This is evident by achieving 13th on the Best Places to Work in Maine list in 2014 and improving to 6th on the list in 2015!
- Have fun playing pool, foosball or video games in our employee game room or join us at our annual events such as our Holiday Bash (think a HUGE wedding), Golf Outing, Family Day, BBQs, Movie Nights, Summer Party and much more. And of course, always be on the lookout for the Beer Cart!
- For the techies out there; get advanced technical training and certifications, including Microsoft's MTA Windows Server Fundamentals for Admins, in our in-house Pearson Vue certification testing center. You will also get hands on training in our state of the art IT Lab where you can see and touch the hardware our customers use
- Feel valued, encouraged, rewarded and challenged, and grow your career at Carbonite!
Browse similar jobs (58)
Lewiston, Maine 04240