Assist Owner(s) and other managers in managing and promoting all aspects of the business, including but not limited to buying, selling, pricing, sales, merchandising, loss prevention, assistance with staff recruitment, training, and development. Direct and work with head buyer to train new and certified buyers to maintain the quality standards the owner(s) have established. Manage staffing requirements. Hire, train, discipline, promote, or fire employees as business dictates. Direct activities of shift managers and ascertain all aspects of business are accomplished. Promote a high level of customer service and involvement, and continually strive for innovative solutions and alternatives in bettering the business.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1.Greet customers immediately, determine their needs, and handle all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
2.Assist with buying, selling, pricing and merchandising by adhering to merchandising standards, evaluating market demands, adhering to buying plan, managing stock and sales levels, and meeting or exceeding store sales goals and purchase goals.
3.Become familiar with product merchandise and brand names. Seek out opportunity to buy used goods, closeouts, liquidations, etc.
4.Assist in the establishment and monitoring of appropriate security procedures including POS system and open/close procedures.
5.Promote and role model superior customer service to all customers, every day. Ensure that all store associates understand and support the pursuit of superior service.
6. Direct Shift Managers, Keyholders or staff to complete all aspects of shift work including opening and closing duties, determining and filling shift personnel requirements, assigning zones, coordinating breaks, processing buys, tagging buys, hanging new merchandise, checking out customers, working with customers, and directing staff as customer needs arise. Hold managers and staff accountable for not completing tasks as assigned.
7.Manage Head Buyer/Buyer Mgr to provide buyer training to new employees that includes introducing new employees to Buyer Certification videos, administering quizzes, on the job buyer training, administering Buyer Certification Test, retesting when necessary.
8.Assure Buyer Mgr/Head Buyer works with new and certified buyers to insure quality standards are upheld by going through buys, insuring owner’s buying directions are followed, and correcting buyers who are not following owner’s requirements.
9.Assist owner in determining inventory needs based on incoming merchandise and store’s demands as requested.
10.Coordinate staff scheduling with owner/other managers.
1.Post high school education preferred.
2. Two or more years prior retail management experience or 3-4 years prior retail sales experience preferred with strong leadership skills exhibited.
3.Sales and goal-oriented.
4.Strong organizational and time management skills are crucial importance.
5.Proven customer service skills and strong interpersonal and communications skills required.
6.Must be computer literate.
1. Ability to stand and walk for lengthy periods of time (8 hours).
2. Lifting up to 40 lbs. unassisted.
3. Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment.
4. Must be able to operate a computerized sales terminal.
5. No exposure to hazardous materials or environments.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old