Food and Beverage Agent
Food and Beverage Agent
Whether it’s a family or a road warrior, every guest’s favorite part of their stay starts and ends with you. You go above and beyond to help guests feel nurtured and full. You keep the kitchen safe and prep food with everyone’s health and safety in mind. You keep the goods coming and ensure the buffet is readily stocked. You wake everyone up with your smile and provide service that exceeds guest expectations. You pass on any guest issues to the appropriate leadership and keep the hotel at the forefront of every guests stays. You take pride in what you do and breakdown the buffet with ease. If you have a passion for culinary arts, The Breakfast / Mixer
Attendant position with The Briad Group could be the opportunity for you.
- Prepare food and beverage items; distribute pre-packaged and prepared food items
- Bus and wipe down coffee cart areas and tables as customers leave seating area
- Wash restaurant dishes and serving utensils as needed
- Prepare and replenish inventory displays to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation from opening to closing
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption; including disinfecting hands prior to handling food, wearing a hat/hairnet, and wearing proper footwear
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation
Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet the departmental standards, including using sanitizers required by health department
- Set-up and break down work station with required mise en place, tools, equipment, and supplies; ensuring items are to established specs, ensuring adequate fill of containers, storing items appropriately, and cleaning station as appropriate
- Disassemble and assemble kitchen equipment following safety procedures when cleaning
Keys to Success
- Experience is preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work long hours
- Light Work - exerting up to 50 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 lbs of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Practice safe food handling procedures
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly
About The Briad Group
Welcome to fun. If you can eat there, drink there or sleep there, we can play with it, adding our special brand of flare to the flavor of fun we like to call The Briad Group. Welcome to our website, where you'll learn about one of America's fastest growing hospitality companies.
Our Lodging Division: NOW HIRING! In 2005, Briad opened five Marriott® and Hilton® hotels. We opened another in 2006, and three during the first half of 2007. Yet another opened in the second half of 2008 and two more in 2009. In December of 2010, we were delighted to sell our hotel portfolio. But it didn't take long to start new projects. Just 3 weeks later, we broke ground on two new development projects and are currently hiring for our newest locations in Branchburg, NJ and Hamilton, NJ. We continue to scout for new locations in order to keep growing. We think we do rooms well. Obviously, Marriott® and Hilton® think so, too.
Our formula for success includes building strong leadership teams. The Briad Group takes pride in training, developing and promoting what it considers the hospitality industry's most talented employees. Through Briad University, where our management students learn the latest industry techniques and best management practices available, we provide a unique opportunity for employees to learn three different segments of the industry: quick-service, casual-dining and hotel operation.
Employees can join the team as hourly employees and move up to manage multiple restaurants or oversee the growth of the hotel group. We think it's our attention to training and development that distinguishes us from other franchise-based companies.
Our mission? To operate nationally recognized restaurant and hotel brands that deliver an outstanding guest experience with positive, energetic teammates providing unmatched hospitality in a sparkling clean environment.
*The Briad Group is an EOE
*The Briad Group participates in eVerify
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer - All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination based on sex, marital status, race, color, age, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, military reserve membership, ancestry, religion, height, weight, use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical handicap or the presence of disabilities.