Working at Main Event is more than a job!
Now Hiring General Manager
at Main Event
We are seeking a Noticeably Better General Manager to join our team!
Are you enthusiastic about operating a successful business, passionate about guest experience and able to develop a team to be stand out performers, while working in a FUN fast-paced environment? If so Main Event is the place for you! At Main Event we encourage all team members to Have FUN! In fact it’s one of our core values along with Act with Integrity, Exceed Guest Expectations, Run It Like You Own It, and Embrace Teamwork. We live these values daily giving Main Event the Noticeably Distinctive Culture we are known for. If our values resonate and you are drawn to an exciting workplace please continue reading and learn about the exciting opportunity at Main Event.
About the company behind this Noticeably Distinctive Culture:
Main Event Entertainment is a fast growing Dallas-based company founded in 1998, operating family entertainment centers in the southern US. The company's high energy, high volume facilities range in size from 50,000 to 75,000 square feet and host a variety of attractions that appeal to people of all ages.
Guests can enjoy bowling, billiards, laser tag, ropes courses, glow golf, bocce ball, rock climbing, or choose from hundreds of interactive amusement games. Our multi-venue family entertainment centers feature full service restaurants and bars as well as fast casual restaurant offerings, great food and much more in a FUN, clean and comfortable environment.
As a General Manager with Main Event your role will be to run a successful Main Event Center, delivering budgeted revenues and profits; while establishing & achieving business plans. The G.M. will also be responsible for meeting financial objectives; controls purchases and inventory; maintains operations to company standards.
- Run It Like You Own It by achieving budgeted revenue targets, cost of sales targets, EBITDA and payroll targets throughout the financial year. Recognize core competencies of the company and make decisions to protect the company. Always represent Main Event in a professional manner.
- Create an environment that our guests want to return to again and again by maintaining center appearance and structure to company best practices.
- Makes effective decisions by analyzing information and considering priorities.
- Drive your team to a standard of excellence resulting in successful results on secret shopper scores.
- Spread the FUN by spreading the word of all Main Event has to offer. Build and leverage strong, lasting relationships with people inside and outside of the business.
- Build a Noticeably Distinctive Management team through recruiting, hiring, coaching, training and continued development.
- Be Noticeably Distinctive through holding self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely results and developing long term strategies to competitively position the company.
- Challenge yourself to be a change agent by expanding your job responsibilities, suggesting improvements, and collaborating with others to generate ideas and improve processes.
- Ensure positive guests experiences by maintaining guest service focus, be responsive and empathetic to guests’ needs.
- Manage a profitable center through measuring costs of products, services, or other cost objectives, summarizing and analyzing information for budgeting revenues and expenses, describing mathematical relationships among operating and financial activities that can affect actions toward financial objectives.
- Lead by example through demonstration of Main Events core values. Manage others in a way that challenges them.
- Capable of profit and loss responsibility through setting financial goals and managing budgets.
Are you ready to be a General Manager with Main Event?
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Minimum of five years of hospitality experience.
- Possess and maintain a current knowledge of the Main Event facilities and activities; including the services and products for customer purchase.
- Proven track record in management of COGS and labor.
- Experience creating business plans, budgets and working with a P&L.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Be detail oriented with the capability to oversee all aspects of the business and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Experience managing a facility with more than $1 million dollars in annual revenue.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational ability; ability to work under pressure amid distractions and interruptions.
- Professional appearance.
- Have excellent customer service and employee relation skills.
- A college degree or applicable work experience.
- TABC Certification
- Servsafe Food Handlers Certification
- Successful completion of Main Event Entertainment Alcohol Awareness Test
M.E. Rewards You!
- M.E. Develops You – Main Event will continue to develop as a restaurant and hospitality professional while also mastering family FUN entertainment.
- M.E. Recognizes You - Main Event recognizes talent! And prides itself in offering its team opportunities to grow within M.E.
- M.E. Benefits You – Main Event offers Paid Time Off, Health, Dental and Vision options, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
Main Event Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer