Responsible for preventive maintenance in guestrooms as well as public spaces, equipment repairs and overall building and landscape upkeep.
Job Responsibilities (Include but not limited to):
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with guests, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Ensure guest satisfaction through a properly maintained property, guestrooms and by responding promptly and efficiently to all guest complaints and needs.
- Always maintain a guest focus while striving to meet and exceed GSS goals.
- Maintain and repair all manageable mechanical operations and equipment including, but not limited to:
- Electrical wiring
- Small plumbing problems
- Windows, doors, locks and keys
- Drywall, wall papering, painting, caulking
- Equipment maintenance
- Furniture and upholstery repair
- Swimming pool and spa operation and upkeep
- Possess a good mechanical knowledge of how to safely operate and maintain all tools
- Respond to and complete all work orders in a timely manner
- Complete and track guest room and equipment preventive maintenance as outlined by Quality Assurance requirements.
- Keep all work areas (shop and guest rooms) neat, clean and orderly
- Maintain an adequate supply of spare parts and light bulbs.
- Check all exterior lighting, public area lighting and signage daily (parking lot lights, building lights, entrance signs, corridor lighting, lobby and elevator lighting
- Assist in controlling expenses in accordance with budget and checkbook totals
- Must wear proper uniform at all times
- Be able to move luggage or packages weighing up to 40 lbs.
- At end of shift ensure all tools are accounted for and rooms worked in are left in “vacant ready” status
- All work completed is logged in maintenance book
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must acknowledge this and be aware that at any time it may be necessary to move associates from his/her accustomed shift as business demands.