Service Support / Parts Coordinator
We have a full-time opening for a Service Support / Parts Coordinator.
Must be able to work at least 5 shifts per week.
- Must have 1 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
A Reading based automotive repair facility is seeking a Service Support / Parts Coordinator. This position works within the service department sourcing parts for the repair and maintenance of customer and company vehicles. Additionally, this positon will support the daily activity of the service department with an emphasis on parts and customer support.
We are a small independent automotive repair facility in the Reading area. We offer health benefits, retirement savings plan and paid vacation time. We are looking for an addition to the service team with a sense of humor, a strong sense of tenacity and a love of teamwork.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing parts and pre-ordering parts based on vehicle manufacturing specifications
- Creating estimates utilizing estimator software
- Adding to the parts list for the work orders
Parts inventory control and credits
- Work with the parts suppliers to maintain parts inventory
- Track and return any cores, defective, warranty or incorrectly ordered / received part
- Check in ordered parts for current working repair orders and communicate the parts arrival to the technician and service department
- Answer the phone and assist customers in making appointments and answering questions
- Greet customers and check in vehicles upon drop off
- This position will cross train with the Service Advisor to provide coverage when the Service Advisor is out of the office.
- Become or already be proficient in the service writing software to create customer appointments, quotes, invoices and Pennsylvania State inspection data entry software.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Education - A high school diploma is minimum with educational certification in a technical field, however, a 2 or 4 college or technical degree would be preferred
- Specialized knowledge - Knowledge and experience in the repair industry required, but being a general car enthusiast (motor head) is a plus.
- Skills - Must be able to proficiently learn and utilize automotive repair software, including but not limited to AllData, Mitchell, Pro-Demand and State Inspection software MVIRS
- Abilities - It is essential to have a customer service / customer facing background. Must be able to be a problem solver and understand logistics of coordinating parts and labor times. Employee should be able to handle multiple situations and tasks with poise and ease.
- Additional helpful characteristics - the employee must have a sense of humor and be willing to take constructive criticism to improve their personal and professional development.
- Professional Certifications - Any automotive or vehicular repair / maintenance and / or sales certifications
- Experience - Some time-in-rate within the automotive industry with an emphasis on sales and customer service.
The employee must be able to stand for at least 30 minutes and be willing to walk short distances in order to assist customers and other employees. Additionally, the employee must be able to lift 45 pounds unassisted and lift at least 25 pounds overhead.
Please email resume and salary / hourly requirements to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until Friday September 30, 2016.
We request that you do not stop or call the shop, as an email is the best form of communicating.