Summary of Position:
We are looking for a line cook to prepare food to specifications and to set up stations for menu. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- 2 plus years of proven cooking experience
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Proven ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- 2 years’ experience in a professional kitchen including hot line and grill experience.
- Current, valid, Food Handler Card is required.
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in working with team members.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 60 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and regular light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old