Summary of Position:
The Prep Cook/Dishwasher at Armadillo Willy’s will assist in the preparation of meals by chopping vegetables, making salads, and putting together entrees. Such skills include proficiently being able to utilize a wide range of kitchen tools including proper knife handling.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Food preparation, chopping vegetables, making salads and putting together entrees.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food on the line.
- Cooking and preparing all menu items in accordance with directions given by the Kitchen Manager.
- Food preparation and portioning prior to service.
- Follow recipes to create soups and stocks and to marinate, grill and BBQ meats.
- Ensuring that food is properly stored and dated.
- Performing kitchen maintenance; emptying the trash, mopping floors and washing dishes.
- Learns and adheres to the designated cooking methods to assist in preparing the appropriate menu items consistently.
- Strives to learn to improve cooking skills and expands knowledge about food products and techniques.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Manager or Lead at any time.
- Ensure cleanliness of storage and work area. Keep a clean and sanitary work station at all times and all equipment clean and sanitized.
- Take instruction, direction, and follow procedures provided by our kitchen manager.
- Safely operate and use equipment such as knives, wrappers, scales, as well as other equipment.
- Examine the refrigerator and other storage areas daily for food that is spoiled and/or damaged. Maintain orderly rotation of items.
- Must adhear to uniform standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- Current, valid, Food Handler Card is required.
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in working with team members.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 60 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and regular light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old