We have a part-time/full-time opening for a Server.
Must be able to work various shifts per week and be available weekdays and weekends.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
The Melting Pot is the nation's largest fondue restaurant franchise, and this unique, upscale-casual restaurant is now hiring energized team members who are ready to serve memories that last a lifetime.
At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where guests can dip into something different - and discover all the ingredients for a Perfect Night Out including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and signature fondue dinners.
Are you ready for a change - are you excited about working in a one-of-a-kind, dining atmosphere? The Melting Pot is a dinner-only restaurant that offers great pay, flexible schedules and a cool and comfortable working environment.
Come discover what makes The Melting Pot a unique dining experience... and an exceptional work environment.
The Server is responsible for providing Perfect Night Out(R) throughout a guests dining experience. He / she must be a positive, consistent hospitality oriented role model to other staff and guests.
- Follows and reinforces our culture around the MVP card and Perfect Night Out.
- Promote and maintain positive guest relations.
- Adhere to and maintain company policies and standards.
- Suggestively sell wine and food products.
- Follow all service sequences. Serve products according to standards and procedures.
- Establish professional, hospitable rapport with each guest you serve.
- Comply with local alcoholic beverage laws.
- Comply with appearance and grooming standards.
- Account for every product served.
- Be aware of the cost of supplies and proper handling procedures.
- Always exceed guests expectations, making their evening extra special.
- Perform opening, running, and closing sidework assignments.
- Always perform as a team member. Abide by "the entire floor is your station" rule.
- Attend and participate in on-going training sessions. Read shift notes and attend shift meetings.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate, with college course work or professional certification / education in restaurant or business / training field is highly desired and recommended. Food safety certification recommended.
Ability to read, write, and communicate in English. Additional languages are encouraged. Ability to write, analyze, and evaluate operating reports, manuals, internal & external business correspondence, and use e-mail, computer skills. Present information in an organized and accurate, clear, concise format.
MATHEMATICAL & REASONING ABILITIES:
Calculate figures & amounts. Add, subtract, multiply, divide, statistics, and some advanced math may be required. Understand percentages and projections.
Standing, bending, crawling, using hands to grasp, stoop, reach overhead, sit and walk. Lift small, medium, large objects up to 50 lbs. lift up to 15 lbs., on a regular basis. Be able to work a variety of shifts or varying schedule and / or hours as required. Standing on one's feet for long periods of time and walking constantly.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old