The DMO’s primary responsibility is to provide clean and sanitary china, glass and silver for the guests and clean and sanitary cooking vessels and utensils for the preparation of served items. In addition, the position will complete assigned cleaning chores, break down boxes for recycling, neatly dispose of trash and recycling materials and keep kitchen storage areas clean and organized.
- This position may set up or breakdown and clean the dish machine
- Set up and maintain soak stations for soiled silverware, pre-process plates and other serving utensils, sort and spray glass racks and properly load and balance dishwasher load trays.
- After cleaning, all items are to be organized and stored properly for use.
- All area surfaces should be kept clean and as far as possible, dry.
- Pot sinks must be set up and maintain with correct chemical cleaning balances and kept according to established sanitary procedures.
- All trash and soiled linen areas are to be kept clean and emptied or stored when appropriate. Container boxes should be broken down and removed from work areas and floors are to be kept swept, clear and dry.
RESPONSIBILITIES (POS COMPUTER SYSTEM)
POS payroll procedures
DMO’s may be trained in tasks for food preparation and if so trained will have to:
- Comprehend and read recipes
- Observe all safety and sanitation procedures
- Operate machinery safely and correctly.
RESPONSIBILITIES (ALL EMPLOYEES)
- All employees are expected to be part of the Total Service experience and look for ways to provide service to guests and as needed, to each other.
- Provide first-class guest service at all times.
- Adhere to all restaurant policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent guest service skills, energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Ability to multi task, grace under pressure, the ability to establish a positive rapport with many types of personalities and self-direct task order.
- Position requires ability to comprehend written and spoken direction.
- Detail orientated with an interest in maintenance of restaurant physical assets, including the correct usage of cleaning chemicals.
- Position requires a team player, and an ability to work well with others in Front and Back of the House positions.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
- Dish machine
- Chemical dispensers
- Mop buckets and brooms
- Food slicers
- Can openers
- Mixers and processors
- POS time reporting procedures
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Occasional bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
Note: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at the Restaurant and is not a legally binding contract. Clean Plate reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
An Equal Opportunity Employer