Special Event Officer
A Special Event Security Officer agrees to participate in deployments of Top Guard Security Officers in response to emergencies and special events. For example, if events occur which many companies begin to increase their security coverage to deal with specific threats, if a major hurricane or other major weather system occurs in an area, or if there is a labor dispute, the Special Event Security Officer will be requested to respond, the officer will normally be requested to work 12 hour shifts during the coverage. Conditions can be challenging depending on the nature of the emergency. For example, local conditions following a hurricane can include lack of local electricity and all the inconveniences that accompany that.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
The Security Officer Position patrols assigned areas to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons
- Patrols assigned area on foot or in a motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports.
- Provides escorts as necessary
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Temporary job assignments for up to six months
- Strong Public relations and communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs.
- Ability to walk extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions.
- Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies.
- Ability to retain knowledge, information, and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations.
- Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
- Skill in operating portable radio devices.