POSITION TITLE: STORE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DISTRICT MANAGER
POSITION SUMMARY: The Store Manager position is responsible for the sales, gallons, profits and staffing of the store. The Store Manager is also responsible for the overall operation, and upkeep of the facility. They must recruit, select, and develop the Assistant Manager and Sales Associate, with the district Manager approval, and overall training of the Assistant Manager and Sales Associates.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Manage, audit and evaluate the activities of the Assistant Manager and Sales Associates, providing training, advice, council, and guidance to improve operations, customer satisfaction and increase sales.
- Analyze inventories, sales and gallon shortages, audits and financial results of their convenience store, or smoke shop, to ensure operations in compliance with company policies and procedures, and identify and solve problems.
- Inspect premises to ensure adequate security exists, and that the physical facilities comply with safety and environmental codes and ordinances, while meeting operational needs.
- Direct, through Assistant Managers and Sales Associates, ongoing compliance of established company policies, procedures, and standards, including but not limited to, security of company funds and property, acceptance of customer credit card charges and other approved methods of payment.
- Train Assistant Managers and Sales Associates in company policies, paperwork procedures, the use of store computer and other electronic equipment, store equipment, vendor deliveries & services and overall store operations.
- Develop sales promotions through the Buyer/Merchandising Manager in evaluating merchandise, placement, accurate pricing items to promote, signage placement, point of purchase items, and adjustments to inventories required to increase sales within the store.
- Direct and oversee the timely implementation and satisfactory completion of all on-site training initiatives, especially the Assistant Manager and Sales Associate Training programs.
- Monitor and report competitors' pricing on merchandise and gasoline, including the accurate and timely completion of category price surveys. Keep District Manager, and Management, informed of any price changes, or changes in the competition's pricing, as soon as possible.
- Ability to master a working knowledge of inventory movement to ensure the ordering of all merchandise & supplies using a "build-to" system that meets defined inventory levels on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Promote and require all employee of the store to have good Customer Relations, Customer Service, and acceptable employee appearance in accordance with company policy to further ensure the success of the store.
- Work with vendors and service contractors to effect results in the best interest of the company. Keeping Management informed of any vendor merchandising, or service issues.
- Provide a weekly work schedule for the Assistant Manager and Sales Associates keeping in mind high volume sales and gallonage demands and vendor deliveries, and oversee & ensure adequate staffing of the store during hours of operation.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Standing, walking, sitting, climbing, crouching, kneeling, reaching, pushing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing. .
- Normal mental attention and vision.
- Medium work - exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental/Atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
Normal office conditions, regular exposure to brief periods of temperatures nearing 40°F in the walk-in cooler, occasional exposure to outside conditions, and infrequent exposure to gasoline fumes when performing routine maintenance on gasoline dispensers.