Responsibilities: Completes all assigned prep work and sets up station. Contributes to a performance-driven culture by communicating clear expectations and holding self-accountable. Maintains a clean, organized and sanitary work area. Takes time to ensure each cut is done to perfection. Acts on feedback to improve performance.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Understands the importance of completing the Meat Cutting & Wood Usage Tracking Sheets.
- Use necessary job aides to execute proper cutting procedures.
- Aware of all meat cutting standards and specs to ensure Guest receives the highest quality cut product.
- Validates knowledge of how to properly determine maximum yield per cut to produce correct weight.
- Ability to cut to individual pars on a consistent basis.
- Explains the expected quality and appearance of each protein.
- Knows food storage hierarchy and food safety temperature danger zones.
Applebee’s Brand Assessment Expected Behaviors:
- Make a Great First and Last Impression
- Show You Know
- Show You Care
- Make Guest Feel Valued
- Washes hands according to standards, wears food handler gloves and cutting glove.
- Understands the importance of completing prep in a designated area away from RTE foods and the line to prevent cross contamination.
- Properly stores product and adheres to LDIRTS standards.
- Knows and can explain how and why steaks are stacked in pan.
- Accountable to stay informed on any spec or procedural changes and adapt immediately to those changes.
- Executes proper wood burning and disposal procedures.
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to employees, dining room staff, and guests. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to six (6) hours in length. Must have the ability to lift pots, pans, etc., up to 40 pounds in weight. Must be able to read and write to facilitate communication. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
RMH- Applebee's Franchise Corporation