Student Loan Default Resolution Specialist
We have a full-time opening for a Student Loan Default Resolution Specialist.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- No experience required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
Wage: $14-$18 per hour
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
As a Student Loan Collection Representative, your most important responsibility will be to provide consumers with consultative assistance and to treat them with the same respect and service that you yourself would expect in their place. You will communicate with consumers via inbound and outbound telephone calls and assist them in finding the right solutions to resolve their debts. All interactions must be professional, in full compliance with state and federal regulations, and with the consumer's overall experience as the number one priority.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Locating and monitoring overdue accounts using computers and a variety of automated systems
- Placing outgoing calls and accepting inbound calls from consumers to negotiate resolution of delinquent accounts
- Assisting consumers in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- Utilizing the best strategy available under company policy or client contract when negotiating repayment
- Advising and educating customers on available options and strategies for debt repayment
- Arranging for debt repayment or establishing repayment schedules in a way that works best with each consumer's financial situation
- Obtaining updated demographic information and maintaining concise notes on each call
- Following all company and client policies and procedures as well as complying with all federal & state rules and regulations governing collections (including FDCPA)
- Adhering to all departmental policy and procedures
As a Professional Collections Associate, you must be motivated, disciplined, and responsible, with a firm commitment to customer service. You should also be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills. The ability to interact with a wide variety of consumers in a positive and professional manner will also be crucial.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to function in a compliance-based environment
- Good attitude and a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Solid basic/business math skills
- Basic computer and keyboard skills
- Ability to work a flexible/changing schedule
- Tech savvy
- Strong telephone skills, preferred
- Call center or debt resolution experience, preferred
- Some college, a plus
- Bilingual, a plus
- Military experience, a plus - Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Professional Collections Associate - Account Representative - Guaranteed Student Loans
As a Student Loan Collection Representative with Van Ru, you will be part of an established and stable company where you can have control over your income while building a fun and rewarding long-term career. Though we have grown into an industry leader, we still retain the feel of a family-owned company. Our high-end clientele includes banks, healthcare organizations, and the federal government, giving you a variety of different kinds of accounts to manage. We will provide you with a two-week paid training program to get you started as well as ongoing mentoring to ensure your continued success. We prefer to promote from within, so you will have plenty of room to move into leadership roles.
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive performance-based pay structure
- Upper earning potential of $80,000 per year or more
- Excellent benefits package
- Company focus on quality of consumer experience in addition to debt recovery
- State-of-the-art technology
- Paid training and ongoing mentoring
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
- Unlimited career potential
Professional Collections Associate - Account Representative - Guaranteed Student LoansWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Build a fun and rewarding career with us at Van Ru!
Browse similar jobs (11)
Chicago, Illinois 60651
Riverside, Illinois 60546
Riverside, Illinois 60546