A Restaurant General Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining Guest services, oversees and is accountable for the operation of the restaurant. This position is critical to Wingstop Restaurants; ensuring maximum sales and profitability through maintaining operational standards, inventory, expense control, human resources management, proper safety and sanitation standards, ensuring restaurant equipment is in good working order and managing operating costs and shrinkage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service
- Recruit and hire quality staff; maintains all employee management functions through employee separation
- Analyze and measure business trends; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives
- Control shrinkage, waste, expenses, and payroll
- Ensure appropriate cleanliness, sanitation, safety and staffing standards are maintained
- Review restaurant trends and recommend and initiate changes for maximizing goals and objectives
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures through regular restaurant management and staff meetings, walk-through and audits, etc.
- Continually evaluate and react to performance issues and actively recruit restaurant staff candidates
- Train and develop shift leadership in all aspects of the business; direct and monitor training and development for all restaurant personnel
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by District Manager
- Team Focus
- Brings problems to the attention of the supervisor; is willing to ask for help.
- Identifies and introduces new ideas and solutions to create efficiency in the operation.
- Represents the brand and department in a professional and polished manner at all times.
- Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Experience must include business planning, with direct responsibility for operational and financial results.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in identifying areas for improvement and establish and implement procedures and performance standards to increase profitability
- Ability to teach others to understand the financial impact of operational decisions, and help to establish and implement performance measurements and procedures to reach goals
- Consultative and coaching approach; tolerant of others’ viewpoints.
- Ability to use persuasion and negotiation and other communication principles to influence results
- Strong problem-solving skills; desire to accept a leadership role, and remain tactful while approaching conflict management
- Ability to remain composed and rational in adverse or confrontational situations.
- Must be able to deal with complex factors, adapt existing methods, make and influence decisions guided by established policies and procedures
- Ongoing learner; exhibits insatiable curiosity and an interest in self improvement
- Valid Driver’s License