SUMMARY OF POSITION
The General Manager has the overall responsibility for managing and leading the daily operations of a single restaurant to ensure the delivery of outstanding guest service. The General Manager leads the management team and other staff in overseeing the financial results, operations, staff development, customer service and compliance with all Company policies, procedures, standards and specifications. The General Manager must be available to work long and/or irregular hours as needed to ensure proper functioning of the restaurant.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all day-to-day restaurant operations to ensure Company standards for quality food, service and sanitation are met.
- Supervise management and hourly staff.
- Assign and direct daily work responsibilities for staff.
- Maintain restaurant equipment and grounds in good condition.
- Enter inventory into restaurant’s computer system.
- Meet Company budgetary expectations, including cost control, efficient staffing and expectations set for restaurant profit.
- Reconcile cash registers at open and close for each shift, and deposit daily restaurant receipts and proceeds at bank.
- Complete all administrative functions and prepare all administrative reports as required by Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain all records as required by Company policies and procedures, and in compliance with state and federal law.
- Maintain staff compliance with Company policies, procedures, standards and specifications.
- Maintain staff compliance with state and federal laws governing safety and food handling
- Recruit, interview, select and hire quality staff for all positions.
- Conduct orientation and train all Assistant Managers and other staff as needed.
- Perform performance reviews of all Assistant Managers and Shift Leaders on regular basis and provide ongoing feedback, coaching and counseling of Assistant Managers and staff.
- Responsible for all counseling, disciplinary action or termination of employment required for management and staff.
- Recommend promotion, advancement, or other status change of management and staff to Company management.
- Develop work schedule for management and staff, and post schedule in timely manner.
- Approve overtime as necessary for staff.
- Display exemplary and professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Listen and communicate effectively with management and staff, guests, vendors and the community.
- Conduct management and staff meetings as necessary.
- Follow Company direction and accomplish objectives set by Company.
- Review objectives with management as necessary.
- Delegate appropriate tasks and responsibilities as necessary.
- Resolve employee complaints or concerns as necessary.
WORK CONDITION REQUIRMENTS
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours.
- Periods of standing and walking, as necessary.
- Frequent contact with guests, requiring tact and courtesy.
- Frequent contact with subordinates, requiring direction and supervision.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Two years college or management experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate well.
- Proficient math skills and comfort with numbers.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrates maturity and professional demeanor at all times.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Positive attitude and self-disciplined.