Barista (Coffee Shop)
We have a part-time opening for a Barista (Coffee Shop).
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- English (United States)
Purpose for the Position:
To prepare and serve specialty beverage and espresso style drinks. To calculate and process the guest transactions of menu selections in the restaurant. To maintain the retail front of the house marketing and merchandizing plan.
- Prepare and serve specialty beverage & espresso style drinks.
- Process guest transactions of purchased menu selections.
- Verify register funds and complete appropriate cash handling forms.
- Maintain an acceptable accuracy level of over/short variance.
- Maintain “front of the house” retail sales areas.
- Provide “point of contact” per guest question & comment.
- Perform “other” job-related duties as assigned by management, which achieve the established goals of ARAMARK and the client.
- Set up retail coffeehouse location to include: specialty beverages, espresso drinks, pastries, retail products and luncheon menu.
- Process guest transactions of purchased menu selections to include: ring up of sale, tender of money or processing of credit card or payroll deduction.
- Maintain coffee house retail merchandizing and service areas (i.e. – brewed and espresso beverage areas, bottled beverages, packaged snacks, condiments, and serviceware)
- Prepare and maintain fresh brewed beverage selections.
- Prepare “to order” espresso style and specialty beverage selections.
- Attend “pre-service” meeting.
- Set up and serve luncheon menu (if appropriate to location).
- Maintain cleanliness of cashier island and retail service areas during service period.
- Clean and sanitize appropriate beverage equipment.
- Clean, organize and restock cashier island and retail service areas for the next day.
- Secure venue service point at end of service period. Wrap, label, date and properly store all food ingredients in accordance to safe food handling techniques, practices and guidelines.
- Complete all cash handling and reconciliation forms.
To do this Kind of work, you must be able to:
- Skillfully use hand tools or equipment needed for your work.
- Read directions for the items to be prepared.
- Measure, cut, portion or otherwise work on materials with great precision.
- Use arithmetic to: complete guest transactions and cash reconciliation forms.
- Identify menu selections and accurate pricing structure.
- Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as produced.
- Communicate menu, portion & promotions vs pricing structure.
Expectations, you must achieve in this position include:
- Dependable and timely attendance record.
- Performance consistent with education or experience.
- Ability to cope with varied and fast paced activities.
- Ability to build relationships with guests and coworkers.
- Meet sanitation, food handling and quality & presentation standards.
- Willing accept change, new procedures & constructive comments.
- Compliance with ARAMARK & Client guidelines & procedures.
- Exhibit and practice the highest level of Guest Service Skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and meet production and service time schedules.
- Demonstration of consistent professionalism in the execution of daily assignments.
- Lifting 50lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Includes: Reaching. Handling. Fingering. Feeling. Talking. Hearing. Seeing.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: apply basic arithmetic.
Requires mathematical ability to complete guest transaction of cash tendered for purchase and cash reconciliation forms.
Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to:
-Read and understand instructions, safety rules & guidelines.
-Complete written cash reconciliation and refund forms.
-Speak with poise, voice control and confidence using correct
English and well modulated voice.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Comparing: In the performance of your job you must be able to understand and identify the established standards related to your job performance and product produced. You must be able to evaluate whether established standards are being met, and, if not, the proper corrective action necessary.
People: Taking Instructions / Helping: In the performance of your job you must be able to recognize and take direction to assist coworkers in the execution of daily production and service needs. This activity may include assisting with duties outside of your daily routine.
Things: Maneuver / Operate: In the performance of your job you will be required to use body parts and tools to move, guide or place objects and materials. You must be able to recognize and select the appropriate tool and method for the task at hand.
Specific Vocational Preparation:
Level of experience, skill and expertise can include a combination of vocational education, apprentice training or on-the-job training, in equal or less responsible jobs, which lead to the higher job.
To do this job requires a minimum of 6 months related experience and/or education as outlined above. Barista (espresso style) experience helpful but not required.
Browse similar jobs (96)
WOODBRIDGE, New Jersey 07095
WOODBRIDGE, New Jersey 07095