First and foremost, General Managers live and teach the mission and vision of the company. The General Manager is responsible for ensuring that the restaurant is running smoothly and making the guest the priority. Additionally, the General Manager partners with the District Manager to ensure the overall financial health and brand standard execution of a single unit as well as developing a bench of well-trained talent for each level within the restaurant.
The General Manager will manage the business by directing and holding the management, service and production teams accountable for service and operations excellence, including Steak n Shake procedures, policies and specifications which deliver the highest quality burgers and shakes. The General Manager will direct all activities pertaining to a clean, safe and attractive environment, the overall guest experience, staffing, discipline, payroll, repair and maintenance.
The General Manager needs to be organized, proactive, excellent with time management, work well in a fast-paced environment and have outstanding customer service skills. For those with an entrepreneurial approach and a relentless pursuit of excellence, the General Manager position will allow recognition and potential career advancement.
- Minimum 3 years GM experience in the restaurant industry. Fast Food experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of building sales, increasing profits, people development, and operational improvements.
- Strong service and hospitality focused leadership style.
- Demonstrates an ownership mentality, business maturity, and strong industry awareness.
- Utilizes tactical and strategic judgment to achieve all key business measures.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must pass background check.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Must have reliable private transportation.
- Excellent Communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Compensation and Benefits
- General Manager compensation commensurate with experience.
- Performance Bonus Program.
- Basic Life insurance.
- Medical, Vision & Dental insurance plans.
- Short term and long term disability available.
- Paid Vacation & Sick Days.
- Exceptional training, development, and onboarding program.