Clinical Inpatient Pharmacist
Clinical Inpatient Pharmacist
Join one of the nations leading pharmacist placement firms! Right now, Rx relief has a great opportunity for an experienced Clinical Inpatient Pharmacist. Voted Best of Staffing by both clients and talent, we are a specialty staffing company providing supplemental pharmacy professionals for all pharmacy practice settings. We are seeking a Clinical Inpatient Pharmacist in the Glendale, AZ area. As a member of our team youll enjoy a customized approach to your career needs as well as comprehensive benefits! Join our dynamic team, apply today!
Clinical Pharmacists ensure safe, optimal, and efficacious drug therapy for our patients. Review, process and monitor physician orders and patient medication profiles. Responsibilities include providing pharmacy information to physicians and nursing, providing pharmacotherapy to our patients, and patient safety. The Pharmacist is responsible for contacting other health care professionals as appropriate and to being an active member of the health care team. Works within institutional and departmental policies and procedures and within the scope of professional practice standards and state and federal law. All functions are performed in keeping with continuous quality improvement standards. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission and values.
Principle Accountabilities: Clinical Staff Pharmacists
- Ensures appropriate and safe use of drug therapy.
- Reviews patient drug therapy for appropriateness, toxicity, efficacy, drug interactions, adverse drug reactions, and allergies.
- Works with other health care professionals to identify and resolve drug related problems.
- Reviews physician order entry for appropriateness and accuracy (CPOE).
- Recommends patient specific pharmacotherapy plan.
- Reviews processed orders for accuracy, completeness, clarity and appropriateness (e.g. renal dosing).
- Provides drug consultation (e.g. antibiotic dosing) per physician order and request.
- Participate in departmental Medication Usage Evaluation program.
- Information resource on drugs and drug therapy to patients and health care professionals.
- Documents interventions and other activities, as required by legal and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance with Medication Reconciliation.
- Demonstrates ability to research drug information.
- Performs Drug Dispensing Responsibilities.
- Assesses order for problems (dose, allergies, efficacy, etc.). Resolves problems with physicians, nurses and/or others as needed.
- Ensures order is entered accurately in computer.
- Maintains all legal and department records as required.
- Verifies work of technicians and students prior to dispensing.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of and checking of I.V. syringes, small volume I.V. admixtures, TPN, LVP's, chemotherapy and miscellaneous sterile compounding.
- Maintains current knowledge of drugs, drug therapy, state and federal regulations and hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides documentation of continuing education with copy of annual license renewal.
- Meets competency standards and demonstrates age specific competencies.
- Use knowledge to meet patient, departmental, and hospital needs.
- Possess ability to cover all areas of Pharmacy Services and responsibilities including certification in IV admixture.
- Attends departmental meetings and continuing education programs.
- Complies with departmental, hospital, state and federal regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other work duties as assigned.
Do you have experience as a Clinical Pharmacist? If the answer is yes, then we want you on our team! Apply Today!
Specific Clinical Pharmacist requirements:
- Area: Ability to work in the Glendale, AZ area
- Licensure requirements: Must have valid, open and active Arizona Pharmacist license
- Education : Pharm D
- Years of experience: 2+ year(s) of recent pharmacy experience within a clinical/inpatient setting
- Schedule: Varies
- Length of Assignment: Temp to hire
- Pay: DOE
- Background/drug requirements: Ability to successfully complete background check and drug screen
At Rx relief, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance with Prescription coverage
- 401(k) and deferred compensation programs
- Cafeteria Plans
- Free CE
- Low-cost group health benefits for Part-Time Associates
Click here to chat with a recruiter live and learn more about this position! https://flashrecruit.com/user/ gabrielabravo
Chat with a recruiter live via the link below
Copy and paste link in to browser