The Baker is responsible for preparing baked goods including pies, cakes and breads for service. The Baker executes all production standards and item recipes to exact standards. Consistently prepares and portions products to company standards. Properly uses equipment to ensure portion controls, food quality and equipment longevity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Weighs and measures ingredients, using measuring cups and spoons.
- Mixes ingredients to form dough or batter by hand or using electric mixer.
- Mixes and cooks pie fillings into pie shells and tops filling with meringue or cream.
- Checks production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
- Reviews daily production list to determine which products must be prepared and portioned for service.
- Inventories cold box to ensure product available for daily menu; adjusts menu as necessary if product not available.
- Carries product from walk-in to work areas for preparation.
- Ensures specified weights and portions are used for all products and recipes.
- Initials, labels, dates and wraps/covers product for proper storage.
- Discards any food that has passed its shelf life to ensure guests receive only the freshest, highest quality product.
- Returns portions and/or remaining product to walk-in shelves for use by other team members.
- Communicates any discrepancies in product availability or production levels to chef and manager.
- Thoroughly cleans and sanitizes equipment and work surfaces between uses.
- Follows “clean as you go” policy to ensure a safe and clean work environment during the shift.
- Assists with daily and weekly salad station cleaning duties as assigned by the Restaurant Cleaning Program.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by a manager.
Duties for Assistant Baker include:
- Reports to Head Baker as well GM, AGM, and AM.
- Assists Baker with menu planning and production schedules.
- Assists Baker in preparation of all baked goods including, pies, cakes, and breads.
- Assists with daily/weekly bakeshop cleaning duties as assigned by the Restaurant Cleaning Program.
Additional Duties for Assistant Head Baker include:
- Excels in all duties as Baker as well as additional duties.
- Reports to Head Baker as well as GM, AGM, and AM.
- Assists Head Baker in training operational procedures to new Bakers including portions, measurements, and cleaning duties.
- Follows daily/weekly bakeshop cleaning duties as assigned by the Restaurant Cleaning Program and monitors compliance among other Bakers and Assistant Baker.
Additional Duties for Lead Baker include:
- Excels in all duties as Baker as well as additional duties and reports to the Head Baker as well as the GM, AGM, and AM.
- Ensures that all Bakeshop Recipes have been pulled and are being used by all Bakers including, Assistant Bakers and Assistant Head Bakers.
- Monitors portion control among other bakers and reports any discrepancies to the Head Baker.
- Follows/implements daily/weekly cleaning duties as assigned by the Restaurant Cleaning Program.
Additional Duties for Head Baker include:
- Performs all duties as Baker as well as additional duties and reports to Restaurant Management only.
- Supervises the production of all bakery goods in the required volume, ensuring production runs smoothly, effectively, and accurately according to QSC standards.
- Assists Management in Weekly Menu Planning including applying extensive personal knowledge and experience in food preparation.
- Assists Management with the implementation of the daily/weekly bakeshop Restaurant Cleaning Program and assures proper instruction of these duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of what must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal communication skills are required to assist team members with food and service requests or questions.
- Good hearing ability are required to hear and respond to food and service requests or questions.
- Good visual ability required to identify specific food items and to serve food items to the proper proportion and on the correct serving dishes.
- Ability to read and comprehend written recipes and instructions for food preparation and production.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide recipe portions to accommodate menu planning and production.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to create a friendly and comfortable environment for team members.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds at waist level throughout an 8 – 12 hour shift
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 pounds for distances of at least 10 feet.
Continuous exposure to several disagreeable elements of factors such as:
- Exposure to hot and cold food items, holding containers and temperatures
- Exposure to steam from hot water under food pans
- Standing and continuously active for an 8 to 12 hours shift
- Exposure to slippery floors
- Moderate noise levels
- Frequent grasping, carrying, bending, crouching, and reaching for various food items and dishes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old