- High school diploma or equivalent in appropriate experience and/or certifications.
- Ability to work week ends and holidays as needed.
- Ability and desire to withstand prolonged periods of standing.
- Position requires bending, reaching, twisting and lifting dishware, glassware silverware (weighing a minimum of 30 lbs.)
- Must be able to pass training
Position Summary: The position cleans all china, glassware and silverware as needed.
- Serves as a positive role model by:
- Adhering to the same standards of service and behavior that peers are required to uphold
- Maintaining a positive and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Working with peers to meet member’s needs.
- Participates in the operations of the kitchen by:
- Setting up the dish machine at the beginning of the shift.
- Stocking the dish room with empty glass racks.
- Washing left over dishes from the previous evening.
- Filling soap and towel dispensers at all hand sinks.
- Keeping the chemical room clean and organized.
- Soaking, sorting and washing silverware.
- Returning all stock to the appropriate areas before the end of shift.
- Wiping and cleaning all counters, sinks, shelves and dish machine before the end of the shift.
- Draining and cleaning out the dish machine at the end of the shift.
- Wiping and stocking server trays as they accumulate.
- Wiping the dumpster inside and out.
- Assisting the Executive Chef with other duties as needed.
- Continually upgrades services by:
- Maintaining sanitation standards as deemed needed by the state of Michigan, USDA and Wayne County Health Department.
- Letting dishes stand one minute after coming out of the dish machine.
- Running the dishes through the machine at the correct temperature.
- Avoiding the accumulation of silverware so that it can be recirculated back into use.
- Running the dish machine with lime away once a week.
- Scrubbing under the sinks once a week.
- Cleaning walls by the doors and walk-in coolers.
- Maintaining areas in a clean and safe manner.
Grosse Pointe Yacht Club